Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sequencer Object

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BiggePLM
471 Views, 3 Replies

New Sequencer Object

With the new Sequencer Object is it possible to give the Sequencer a starting number similar to using the original seqencer workspace item?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dvirh
in reply to: BiggePLM

Yes, it is possible to do that.

When creating the sequencer object, use the following format

var seq = new Sequencer(seqName[, start[, step]]);

The Start is the start number you want to give to the sequencer, and the Step is the increment that you want the sequencer to jump by. Note that Start and Step are optional. Note also that if you include Start and Step, you must always use the same Start and Step value for the same Named Sequencer. You can't use this command to change the Start or Step value of an existing sequencer. If you use a different Start and/or Step values when setting up the sequencer, the function may ignore the new Start and Step numbers or may even fail. However, you may ommit the Start and Step numbers following the initial creation of a new sequencer

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
BiggePLM
in reply to: dvirh

Understood, I missed the signifigance of the Start option.

Now the question is where are the sequencers stored? It appears that you should be able to get a list of existing sequencers in your tenant using the Sequencer object and the list method, but I can't seem to get it to work. I did try looping through the Sequencer object but still got nothing.

Syntak I am using

var Seqlist = Sequencer();

println(Seqlist.list())

This didn't produce any errors but the debug output did not give what I would have expected from an array

Debug output - [Lcom.dms.scripting.scriptables.SequencerScriptable;@1b6e732d

I am assuming this object is not looking at the Sequencer workspace.

Thanks

BD

Message 4 of 4
dvirh
in reply to: BiggePLM

You are pretty close! Here is the correct syntax:

var seqNameArray = Sequencer.list();

In other words, you don't need to create a sequencer object first and then access the list, you can directly ask for the list using the syntax above.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report