Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple items with the same number

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Kenneberg
356 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple items with the same number

Hi,

I'm just got an updated system with the "classification" function. I'm able to create multiple items that get the same number and I'm wondering if this is a bug or if there's a detail I'm not seeing.

In the original configuration, the item number is built by 3 parts: Classification prefix - Number - 000

The classification prefix is the same regardless of Level 3 classification, while the number counter is local in the classification (including level 3). This means that if I create a part that belong to 402 - CUSTOM MECHANICAL - MACHINED - TURNED and a part in 402 - CUSTOM MECHANICAL - MACHINED - MILLED, both can get the item number 402-0001-000.

Sorry for the messy explanation.

Regards,

Johan Kenneberg

Best regards,

Johan Kenneberg
Mechanical Engineer
ReformTech Heating Technologies AB
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jpiggee
in reply to: Kenneberg

Hi Joan,

The Classification system within the updated tenant does not reflect on the Item number generation, the classification only helps to produce the first number of the multipart number; this does not in fact separate out sequential numbers within the items and boms workspace.

If you look at the system as a whole with the built in number generator, it comprises of three main components the reference workspace (under references) – where the numbers are held, the

ItemSeqGen(action script) and the sequenceOperator (library script).

This allows you to assign a number generator sequence to a workspace to track able build items based on the reference item in the workspace (prefix,suffix, length of the number, step size, and if you want zero padding also). However this is for all items in the designated workspace to be working of off the same generated number.

If you are looking to do a mixed batch of numbers with in the same workspace were each classification has its own counter, that would require a modified version of what is currently built in the tenant.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report