Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Workflow for Records Created Before Workflow

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
j.hendrickson
462 Views, 2 Replies

Missing Workflow for Records Created Before Workflow

I have a "Basic Workspace with workflow" that I created some time ago but never added anything via the Workflow Editor.  As far as I can tell this means the workspace was acting as if it didn't have workflow and the records I've created don't show any sign of workflow.

So here I am 50 records later and starting to build a workflow.  The workflow is showing up for new records but it does not appear to be retroactive to records created before any workflow existed.  Is there any way to use the new workflow with some of the old records?

Thanks,

Joe Hendrickson

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Yeah, that's a serious pain.  I don't know why that's never been fixed.  Same thing happens if you switch from an ordinary workspace, to one with workflow.

The best I can suggest is exporting all the items, deleting them, and re-importing them.

Message 3 of 3

Autodesk Support contact me about this and had this to say:

"When you created the Basic Workspace without workflow and created a number of records, the workspace was working as designed.  When you then changed the workspace to include a workflow it is not retroactive to the records already created.  That is by design as it is changing to include workflow when you decide to make the update.

"Right now there is not a way to add a Workflow to the original records.

"You may try exporting the 50 records you have open without workflow, importing them into the new workspace and then they will have workflow."

Personally I think if the workspace is defined as "Basic Workspace with workflow" then there should be at least one state by default to make it clear that this is a workspace with workflow.  That would have prevented the problem that I am experiencing from occuring.  I will be submitting this to the IdeaStation.

Joe Hendrickson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report