Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing the delete option (red cross) for records in 2 workspaces

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
fhmurray
702 Views, 4 Replies

Missing the delete option (red cross) for records in 2 workspaces

HI,

I've noticed that 2 of my workspaces don't seem to have a delete option (red cross in the top right) to allow deletion of records.  I have checked under the normal view, when editing a record and even created a new unlinked record, but all show the same thing - a missing red cross for the ITEMS and AREAS workspaces, but which is present in the PROJECTS workspace (see Attachment).

Is there something I need to edit to get this to show, or could this be a bug ?  We are having trouble with scripts that run between the workspaces and I just wondered if this could be somehow related (though not sure how!).  If it could be a bug then I would be prepared to recreate these workspaces from scratch - but I'd prefer not to do this if possible to avoid by changing a setting that I have been unaware of.

I notice that the (default) Customers workspace shows a Print option in this upper icon bar; while my AREAS workspace has the Relationships icon, so there is obviously some variation available - but I assume dthat the delete option would also be one visible as standard ?

Thanks for your advice...

Fiona

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
broepke
in reply to: fhmurray

There are a few possibilites on why you can't delete a record

1. You don't have permission

2. That record is locked by the workflow state

To resolve #1 - this is simple.  Make sure you have the permission "Delete Items" for that workspace.

Delete Permission.png

For #2 - Also simple.  But totally depends on how your workflow is configured.  Many times a script can control the permission of a workflow step so only you'll know the logic here.  One good way to troubleshoot if you have permssion to perform a set or who does is click on the green box (state) in the workflow map.  It will show you who can advance it.  When "you" don't have the abilty to change a state, the delete option will be hidden for "you".  

In my example here you can see that I (Brian) don't have permission, Only Jared.

Workflow Step.png

Hope this helps!

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Message 3 of 5
fhmurray
in reply to: broepke

HI Brian,

Thanks for the suggestions - while the permissions were fine, I had only created one workflow state (the workflow is really an option for later development), so there was no transition option out of that state.  Once I had created a 2nd state with transition, the delete option has appeared.  

I don't quite understand the technicalities of why this should be, but at least I have it back!  It also *seems* to have fixed the other problem I reported earlier today about not being able to add to the BOM (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-PLM-360/Unable-to-add-entries-to-the-BOM/td-p/4373828 )...unless this was coincidence ?  Anyway, the 'Add' button on the BOM tab has reappeared too after making this change.

Thanks,

Fiona

Message 4 of 5
broepke
in reply to: fhmurray

You're correct - Same reason your other issue was happening.

Think of it this way - as a process is complete - it's complete 🙂  You don't want to change it after that process is done and fully approved... the final state in a workflow = "complete"

If you want to be able to edit records that are complete there are two options

1. You can add the permission of "Override workflow locks"

2. You can create a "loop back" transition.  Drag it from the state and back to the same state.  You can call this something arbitrary or even use it as a way to notify people of changes.  One thing for sure, is make sure this wouldn't have the "show in outstanding work" option turned on... Or people would think they have action to take.

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Message 5 of 5
fhmurray
in reply to: broepke

Thanks Brian for the detailed explanations.  With yours and Hagay's information (on my BOM entry post), I now 'get it ' and hopefully will be able to avoid this issue in the future.

Cheers,

Fiona

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report