Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone Naming and Scripting Issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jdow
321 Views, 2 Replies

Milestone Naming and Scripting Issues

Hello,

I have a issue that we've seen a few times now, but i'll also have to admit not everytime.

I have a workspace w/workflow.  In the workflow there are a string of states ( ... --> Order Review --> Order Processing --> Order Released --> Order Closed) that all begin with the word 'Order' and a space and then some other unique word.  When i create a script to automate the creation of Milestones for that workspace the script will error out when trying to create these specific milestone items.

The error msg i get is "There is an error in the script on line X, column X.  Wrapped com.dms.scripting.execeptions.ScriptModelException: Order Closed is not the unique short name of a workflow stepin he relevant workspace"

Typically, it’s a typo in the name either in the script or in the state name.  But I’ve checked that multiple times and copied and pasted the values, create new values, create new states and it still errors out on this these states.  What I've been able to do is to replace the 'space' with and underscore (Order_Review, Order_Processing, etc.), update my script to reflect these names and then the script works fine.  What's up with this situation...Thoughts?  Why will it work in some workspaces and not others?

Thank you,

John

JD
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nguyentru
in reply to: jdow

Hi John,

Based on the overview, the naming of the Phase may have duplicate or not exact match to the Phase Name.

It has happened to me before, I usually double check the Phase Name to ensure they are exactly the same.

In the workflow - you can have the same Name for Multiple phase, but you can only have 1 unique CUSTOM ID - Name.

Somehow you have may multiple Phase with similar names. If you look at the image below, the State Name is Begin Project, but the Custom ID - BEGIN_PROJECT.

I hope this help answer your question. If you still have questions regarding this topic, feel free to e-mail me directly at trung.nguyen@autodesk.com.

Thank you,

Trung

Capture.PNG

Trung Nguyen | PLM Product Management | Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
jdow
in reply to: nguyentru

Thanks for the response.

I don't believe that is my issue..mismatched names. 

All my state names and custom id's are unique per state i've checked this multiple times as stated in original post.  I've created many scripts exacatly like this one and they all work.  The only way to make this script work without error is to add the underscore where ever i have a space in the state properties name field.  I've included another image to reference my setup.  This just doesn't make any sense to me.  Other thoughts?

Thank you for looking into this.

John

JD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report