Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Items in Advanced Print View

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
j.hendrickson
509 Views, 8 Replies

Linked Items in Advanced Print View

Hi, I'm putting together an Advanced Print View for our change order worspace and I want to include as much information about the items linked to the record as I can.  In particular I want to include the From and To revision fields on the Linked Item tab.  These fields are absent when using Insert Artifact.  How can I access these fields for an Advanced Print View?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jpiggee
in reply to: j.hendrickson

Ah,,, 

Interesting question, Joe what options / manipulation of the ${} artifact have you tried so far (hint,hint)...

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 9
j.hendrickson
in reply to: jpiggee

I tried ${linkedItem.FROM.value} . There are a lot of words in the English language so when the obvious didn't work I figured I'd ask. Is this documented somewhere?
Message 4 of 9
jpiggee

Hi Joe,

Sorry I lead you down the wrong path,,

Let me explain:

Basic Rule of thumb for Advance Print View: if you can read hit it by JavaScript, you can Use it in HTML in Advanced Print View (this is not a constant though!)

So at this time the only elements in linkedItems that are avalible to you are:

1. Number of the Item

2. Name of the Item

3. Custom fields

Also circling around to what i was hinting at:

(Not a constant but is 90% acceptions are here also)

Much like in JavaScript where an item element is item.SOMETHING or item.tab.SOMETHING

HTML  (APV) is the same but it goes with

Name of the Field = ${workspace.metadata.TABNAME.fields.NAMEOFFIELD.title}

Vaule of the Field = ${workspace.metadata.TABNAME.fields.NAMEOFFIED.value}

Hope this helps some!

Also final thought:

That would be an awesome Idea to add to the IdeaStation to have this Scriptable by HTML and JavaScipt, and Included in the LinkedItems widget in the AVP....

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
Message 5 of 9
j.hendrickson

Thanks Joe. So what you're saying is that if I can access an element via scripting then I can probably access the element via the Advanced Print View (APV)? Each method requires formatting the element calls differently.

But in this case no other elements are available from the Linked Items tab so I will need to submit an entry to the IdeaStation if I want to have access to more of the database via scripting and Advanced Print Views. But for now I'm out of luck.

I just want to be sure that's the gist of it. Thanks.
Message 6 of 9
jpiggee

Joe,

Yes you got it! Smiley Happy

APV is limited by JavaScript (for the most part)

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
Message 7 of 9
hcoulter

How would you access the lifecycle transition in the AVP?

I tried ${linkedItem.lifecycle.value} and that did not work.

Message 8 of 9
dany.poudrier
in reply to: hcoulter

Hi,

The ${linkedItem.lifecycle} is a String representing the lifecycle transition name. It is not related to the FROM/TO .

Unfortunately Fusion Lifecycle does not have any script method or Advanced Print View capabilities at the moment to expose the "FROM" and "To".

I encourage you to post that request on the Idea Station. 

Dany Poudrier

PLM Product Manager
Message 9 of 9
Robert.Wing

We are new to Fusion Lifecycle and I am now starting the process of creating Advanced Print Views for our ECNs.  I amazed to discover you can not add Revision From: and To: to the view.  This seems like a basic piece of information to be included in a PDF'ed copy of the record.

I will be suggesting this in the Idea station, but, I will be scratching my head as to why it is not there already.

Bob Wing

Lytron Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report