Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import BOM

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Eanes.Nikki
610 Views, 2 Replies

Import BOM

We are just implementing our PLM tentant and have imported the item details into PLM.  We are having issues with the relationships.

When the import settings were set to:   new records=add, match=update, picklist=add, new relationships=add, existing relationships=update.....

there would be a "server-side error".

When the import settings were set to:   new records=add, match=skip, picklist=blank, new relationships=add, existing relationships=skip.....

nothing was added, nothing updated.

Please see the attachements of our spreadsheet layout and import layout.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this implementation is passed due.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dvirh
in reply to: Eanes.Nikki

Hi There,

Your settings seem correct so I'm not sure why you are getting a system error. It might be best to contact customer support for a more in-depth analysis. The only thing I would point out is that it looks like you are trying to import about 34,000 records at the same time. The import engine is quite capable but it wasn't designed to handle a BOM structure with 34K items + relationships in one go. Is your BOM structure really that big or are you trying to use it to import data to the workspace? You may want to try to import a subset of the data to see if it is working as expected and/or separate the import of the Item Details from the import of the BOM relationships.

With respect to the seond import you highlighted (where you selected to 'skip'), the image you included clearly shows that the all the items in the view will be skipped with these settings. So I assume all of these items already match items that are in the workspace. If you don't see these items in the workspace, it is possible that you have a workspace view filter that is 'hiding' them.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Eanes.Nikki
in reply to: dvirh

Thanks for your seen eyes. I reset to update matching records and I'm now
fixing errors.
We actually divided our list into thirds. I'll try importing again with my
initial list before reducing down.
Thank you for your help.

--

*Nikki L. Lee*
Drafting Supervisor-*RegO/Engineered Controls*
100 Rego Drive, Elon, NC 27244-336-446-7215

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report