Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show item fields in a BOM tab?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
danielg67
641 Views, 5 Replies

How to show item fields in a BOM tab?

Hi

I'm playing a little bit with the brand new PLM 360 and have some doubts.

How can I configure the Bill of materials to show information about the item is referenced in this BOM?

At the moment I'm configuring the item Descriptor to show the information I need (Part Number, Description, Color....) but

I've seen that a field can get the value from another field with "Computed Filed Formula" but only in fields of the same workspace. Imagine I have a workspace called Orders and each order I want a BOM made of items from another workspace.

thank in advance

Daniel

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
michelle.stone
in reply to: danielg67

Hi Daniel and welcome to PLM 360!

Sounds like you want to create a relationship between your order workspace and another workspace - look here in the help for more information:  http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/PLM_360/enu/Help/Help/0032-Administ32/0038-Setup38/0039-Workspac39/0046...

Hope this helps!

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
danielg67
in reply to: michelle.stone

Hi Michelle

Thanks for your help

I had already add the relationship with the other workspace. This allows me to add an item from the other workspace in the current workspace BOM.

The question is how to show in a Workspace1 BOM column information from a Workspace2 item.

This would be nice to be able to sort the BOM items using a workspace2 field and because putting this information in the descriptor makes it too long.

Attached you will see and image.

thanks 
Daniel
items info in BOM.png
Message 4 of 6
broepke
in reply to: danielg67

Creating these "Views" isn't possible today - Pulling fields from one WS to another.  The main driver for the complexity is that you can have multiple workspaces linking into a single BOM tab (or any other link tab) and therefore the properties from each workspace won't be common.  E.g. there might not be a field called "X" in each workspace.

We're constantly thinking about a elegant solution to this.  Something that's often requested.

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Message 5 of 6
scottmoyse
in reply to: broepke

Brian,

Could an array be used via scripting to achieve this? i.e: allow the BOM to be expossed as an array, then you could read the linking item field data via the array row value? Then put in some error trapping to cover items which don't have those fields, the value could be filled with N/A in those instances.

What do you think?

Cheers

Scott

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 6 of 6
danielg67
in reply to: broepke

Hi Brian

Thanks for the response.

It's not a critical need for me at this moment. I'm just playing a little bit to discover what's possible, but as you said it would be requested by maby users.

best regards

Daniel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report