Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Link Multiple Tasks?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
obourne
615 Views, 6 Replies

How to Link Multiple Tasks?

I'm trying to find a way to link several tasks and have certain workflows within those tasks be dependant. I'll explain.

Suppose I have a task with 4 states. When I enter state #3 I want to spawn a new task (based upon a different workspace). I want the newly spawned task to move to completion and have the completed state be a necessary condition for my original task to transition to state #4.

How do I do this in 360?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jpiggee
in reply to: obourne

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to expand on this, possible with a visual diagram?  I am having difficulty understanding what you are trying to accomplish in the system.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 7
obourne
in reply to: jpiggee

Hi,

I've attached a basic diagram to illustrate what I need.

In the diagram you'll see that upon entering state 3 a new item is spawned. I want the completion of the new item to be the necessary condition for item 1 to transition to state 4.

Message 4 of 7
jpiggee

Hello,

Looking at the Diagram, you would do a spawn from item 1 at transition to state 3 to create item 2. Then you would do a write back from Item 2 at transition to state C to item 1. Then transition to state 4 on Item 1 would have a condition to check the write back is true (from item 2), if the write back from Item 2 is true then you could continue to state 4 on item 1.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
Message 5 of 7
obourne

Hi,

Thanks for the reponse. I thought it would be something like you described.

Let me expand on this further. How would I expose that relationship at a Project Management level? Let's say I'm a PM and I want to know what is holding up a task. I'd like to see the relationship some how exposed in the PM tab automatically.

This is not a huge issue. I'm just trying to find ways to give PM seemless acces to relavant data without having to constantly edit their PM tab items.

Message 6 of 7
jpiggee

You would use a task on Item 1 that would state what % Item 2 is at. When steps in item 2 is taken it would write back to Item 1.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
Message 7 of 7
obourne

Ah. I see.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report