Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get fields in Classification Manager in picklist in Workspace Descriptor?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
622 Views, 3 Replies

How to get fields in Classification Manager in picklist in Workspace Descriptor?

Hello,

We are about to define the descriptor for of our items & BOMs workspace (WS):

- First we created our item classification in the Classification Manager to have specific fields per select item group.

- As a next step we would like to modify our WS Descriptor for Items & BOMs, here we would like to select information from the classification Manager section which we have added to the Item & BOMs WS layout. Unfortunately we can't select the information from this section for any of the 4 Descriptor Fields. 

Q: Is there a way to generate the Item description from fields defined in the Classification Manager?

We would appreciate if someone has an answer to our question, I hope I explained our issue in a comprehensive way.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dvirh
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi There,

Since the fields in the classification manager are not guarenteed to be in the workspace, it is not possible to directly use such fields in the descriptor. However, you can use scripting associated with the class of the item to create a specific field that includes data from classification and then use that field in the descriptor. I have actually answered a similar question on how to do it last month and you can see the detailed description here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/plm-360-general-discussion/add-classification-fields-to-bills-of-mater...

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dvirh

Hi Dvirh

Thank you for reaching out to me so quickly and the cross reference you provided. So let me summarize, without a change in the scripting it is not possible to select information from the classification (created in Classification Manager) in the Item description (Workspace Descriptor).

What is the name of the script determining the item descriptor, it is not the ItemNumberGeneration, you mentioned in the ppt you added your response in the cross reference?

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
dvirh
in reply to: Anonymous

Please contact me directly at hagay.dvir@autodesk.com and I'll try to help you make sense of the presentation.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report