I have a workspace in which I defined an address section containing a "Country" field being a pick list.
I add to this workspace a Google map field (an exact copy of what is done in the suppliers workspace) I can save those settings but when I go to my Workspace, I get an error (see attached file).
Solved! Go to Solution.
That's a great question that requires digging a little into the technology to understand. The short answer is that you cannot use Computed Fields with Pick Lists as the value from the Pick List is only stored as a reference to another table in the DB and not as the text string that you expect.
That said, the field behaves exactly as you expect it to behave in Scripting. So an alternative solution to your problem will be to write an Action Script that will compute the result of the Google Maps mesh-in and will write it to the Map field. You can have this script run on Creation and/or Edit of the item to cover your particular use case.
I have found this out as well, however as an alternative I found that I could use the non-pick list fields to feed the information in to the Google mapping script and leave out the pick list field. This will eliminate the error that your seeing.
I have noticed for the most part Google will be able to accurately find the Country based on the zip code provided.
I have made this script :
item.MAP = '<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&
I run it each time the record is saved... It works well except that I have to refresh (F5) the page after save...
That is an interesting behavior. I tried it on my system just to be sure and I don't experience the need to refresh the screen after edit. What browser are you using? I am using Chrome here.
I also do not experience this behavior in Chrome. By any chance you have a behavior script setup for this workspace as well?
OK, the behavior is not consistent but I was able to reproduce it and will be reporting it as a bug. For now, F5 is the workaround...
Thanks for helping to find this bug!
Some additional information about this problem for the benefit of everybody on the forum. NOTE: all browser references below relate to the latest release of that browser.
We were able to pinpoint the issue to a knwon bug with webkit, which is the engine behnid Chrome and Safari. The problem does not reproduce on other browsers I've tested including IE, FireFox and Opera. In IE, you actually get a message on each and every view of a page that includes such content, to approve viewing the 'unsecured content'. If you approve it, the page refreshes and the problem does not appear. However, this means that IE gives you the worst user experience in this case.
We also came up with a workaround the the above problem that will be released in an upcoming release of PLM 360. I have already tested this fix in our QA environment and it seems to work great.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.