Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dumb report question

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
michael.pares.old
438 Views, 4 Replies

dumb report question

How do I (as a PLM administrator) Modify, Delete, or make private another user's broken public report without tracking them down and making them do it?

I feel like I am missing something very obvious?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
broepke
in reply to: michael.pares.old

Unfortunatley you can't do this.  You have to ask the user to delete or unshare.

I like to reccomend that you use the permission to share report sparingly.  Maybe only for admins.  This should keep the "noise" down.  A lot of times I find that people share everything, but their reports are much more personal in reality.

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Message 3 of 5
RBocox
in reply to: broepke

I believe this relates as well, We are creating new reports and getting familiar with the systems abilities, but it seems that when someone creates a report and makes it either public or shared, then at least you should be able to clone the report and then be able to make minor adjustments or changes for your own private or shared reports. I have currently someone creating reports and sharing them so that we can utilize them.  I subsequently want to make them my own later and be able to adjust them accordingly but I believe the only way to do that is for the originator to share the details as they are not visible to me. Then I can duplicate all the entry again as a new report.

Just makes sense to be able to clone any report and make your own for private or public use.

I do agree that you should not be able to edit or delete the original report that is shared but again you should be able to clone it.

Message 4 of 5
CharmenePerkins
in reply to: RBocox

I somewhat disagree with your statement about editing or deleting.  The Administrator should be able to edit or delete any reports.  The reason I believe this is because we have many reports created by users who no longer work here. Without the ability to edit or delete the reports they have created, I find we have a long list of completely unusable reports cluttering the system.  In order to delete some of them, an Autodesk tech transfered the past user's account to his name and then went in and deleted the reports (a list was provided).  The problem with this is that now the Autodesk tech's name shows up in our system as having created and approved different items. (This would not go over well in an ISO audit.) An Administrator should be given the authority/permission to do this - if you can't trust the Administrator then you have the wrong person in the position.

Message 5 of 5
RBocox
in reply to: CharmenePerkins

Tatally agree, The administrator should at any time be able to perform the actions described. My initial comment was for the simple user and not the administrators. As I am an Administrator, I would like access to all these changes, but as a simple user, I would not want them to alter or change the original report unless they clone their own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report