Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display or derived fields from another workspace

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MJ-Carol
413 Views, 2 Replies

Display or derived fields from another workspace

Hi Support Officer,

I am trying to bring over 3 fields values from workspace A to workspace B when a record no. (picklist created from workspace A) is selected.

Meaning when I am at workspace B, I had a record no. (e.g 1234) that I pick from the picklist created using workspace A.

With that, all the 3 fields (description, cost and DO no.) that were related to record no. 1234 in workspace A will be shown in the 3 fields in workspace B automatically.

May I know, is there anyway to do that? Using computed field will help? 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Carol Mak

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dvirh
in reply to: MJ-Carol

Yes, you can easily do that with a field of type 'Derived'. Simply create a new field, select the field type 'Derived' (near the bottom of the list), select where to derive it from (the linking picklist field that is pointing to the other workspace) and then select what to derive (the field from the other workspace you want to show). Give your new field a name, save it, and you're good to go!

Note that derived data only works for any items created AFTER you created the derived field. Any preexisting items will not show any value in this field until you edit them and reselect the linking picklist that points to the other item.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
dvirh
in reply to: MJ-Carol

Yes, you can easily do that with a field of type 'Derived'. Simply create a new field, select the field type 'Derived' (near the bottom of the list), select where to derive it from (the linking picklist field that is pointing to the other workspace) and then select what the derive. Give your new field a name, save it, and you're good to go!

Note that derived data only works for any items created AFTER you created the derived field. Any preexisting items will not show any value in this field until you edit them and reselect the linking picklist that points to the other item.
Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report