Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derived Fields on Import

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
dkeeley
615 Views, 10 Replies

Derived Fields on Import

Hi,

I am running an import where I am importing a value that matches one on a workspace-linked pick list. This seems to import OK. However, the item also has some derived fields from the pick list selection. These do not seem to resolve on import. The only way they seem to resolve is when I create a new item manually or when I edit the item I have imported. Has anyone got any ideas on this?

Thanks,

David.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jpiggee
in reply to: dkeeley

Hi David,

Nice catch! This is a bug and is now reported.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 11
dkeeley
in reply to: jpiggee

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply. How long would you expect it to take to correct this? hours, weeks, months?

No pressure 😉

David.

Message 4 of 11
dkeeley

Hi Joe,

I also seem to have the same problem when importing to a workspace with filtered picklist fields. The 'non-filtered' pick-list fields seem to import OK. But when I try to import into a filtered field I get an error messge. I have attached an image of the error message at import.

Thanks,

David.

Message 5 of 11
dkeeley

One more image for the above post.

Message 6 of 11
dkeeley

Hi. Any update on this? We are at the data import stage of our implementation project and this issue is still causing problems.

Thanks,

David.

Message 7 of 11
jpiggee

Hi David,

I haven’t heard anything yet, but I did ask the Devs for an update. I will let you know as soon as I hear something

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 8 of 11
j.hendrickson

Has there been any progress on this?  I seem to be running into exactly the same problem as the OP.  In addition, OnEdit scripts don't run after doing an import, possibly related?

Thanks.

Message 9 of 11
sten
in reply to: j.hendrickson

I guess this problem has been here for a long time.

I am also trying to import into a workspace with derived fields, and right now I have to manually go into each one of the to force an update.

Is there any workaround for this.

I don't really want to waste hours on this.

Thanks,

Sten

Message 10 of 11
JAU007

Hi,

I'm also struggling with this same issue. When I update a pick-list field value by excel-file import, the derived fields from the pick-list don't get updated. This is a problem when handling large amounts of data so hopefully there will be a solution soon.

Johan

Message 11 of 11
j.hendrickson

So I'm running into this issue again, almost exactly a year later.  Any updates on whether we'll get support for filling in derived fields after importing?  I'm working on a workaround with filtered pick lists in the meantime, but that has its own problems.

I'll add this to Idea Station too but I figured I'd respond to this thread since it's still sitting out here waiting for some TLC.

Joe Hendrickson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report