Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computed Field

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
TLopez0
513 Views, 6 Replies

Computed Field

Question: 

Can a Computed field be use on another computer field? 

Thanks

Tomas D. Lopez

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
gasevsm
in reply to: TLopez0

This is not possible, Tomas.

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 3 of 7
TLopez0
in reply to: gasevsm

Hello, 

Is there a work around it?

I want to use the value calculated on a computed field on another field.....Do you have ny idea on how to achieve it?

Let me know.  

Message 4 of 7
jared.sund

Hello Thomas, 

As Martin stated, today it is not possible to create a computed field of a computed field.  Have you looked at PLM 360 scripting to achieve your solution?  Could you provide a little on what you're trying to accomplish?

-Jared

Jared Sund
Sr. Product Line Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
TLopez0
in reply to: jared.sund

I am trying to set up priorities (high to low). These priorities will depend on different metrics. 

It would to have Sales Order (SO) field as a computed field which will set up a value to it depending on the mount of $ this SO has. For example, if SO is >$ 0 but <$5000 it will have a be Priority Value 1. If SO is >$5000 but <$20000 it will be a Priority Value 2 and so on. Then I also would like to have a flag (field) that will take SO Priority value and also would take the time (LOCALTIMESTAMP) in Queue to give it Flag important color. Reg being Urgent, Orange being Important and so.... 

I would really need the Computed field ability to update without doing a transition.

Hope this makes sense.

Let me know if this is possible.

Thank You very Much. 

Message 6 of 7
dvirh

Hi Thoma

I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but you don't need necessarily need a Workflow Transition to initiate a script execution. You can also use one of the Behaviors scripts of On-Create, On-Edit, and On-Demand. The former two will execute when you create an item and when you edit the Item Details tab of an item respectively. The latter will allow you to show a button on the screen that will execute the script when the user clicks the button.

You can set the behavior scripts in the workspace admin section.

Behaviors.jpg

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
TLopez0
in reply to: dvirh

Thank you very much Hagay Dvir.

This will do the trick. Thanks again for your assistant. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report