Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computed Field Error

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
MrSJM88
536 Views, 7 Replies

Computed Field Error

Hi There,

I am working on a workspace right now with computed fields to calculate float field values. When I attempt to save my work I recieve an error telling me that  "There has been a problem processing my request". I ensured that the formula was entered properly and double checked my other fields but I am stumped. I am working in a Development Tennant and would greatly appreciate if someone could take a look at what I am trying to do. 

Thanks,

Stephen

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
gasevsm
in reply to: MrSJM88

Stephen,

To better assist, please share

- src field type
- computed field type
- src field value
- computed formula
- any behavior scripts in workspace (onCreate/onEdit.
- how do you go about to trigger the error? Create new, edit item, clone, WF transition, onDemand....

Thanks in advance,

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 3 of 8
MrSJM88
in reply to: gasevsm

Good Mornign Martin,

Both the scr and computed fields are a float type.

Here is one example from the workspace:

Quoted EAU: 120000

Total Savings Per Quote @ 100%: 1.65 (standard float field)

Customer Cost Savings Per Quote: 1.30 (standard float field)

Company Savings: 0.30 (computed float field (TOTAL_SAVINGS_PER_QUOTE_@_100%-CUSTOMER_COST_SAVINGS))

Forecasted Annual Customer Savings (computed float field (QUOTED_EAU*CUSTOMER_COST_SAVINGS_PER_QUOTE))

Forecasted Annual Company Savings (computed float field (QUOTED_EAU*COMPANY_SAVINGS))

No additional behavior scripts.

I am recieving the error when I edit an existing float field to add the computed formula. I was able to clone a field and add the computed formula but when I went to save the layout I recieved the error as well. 

Thanks,

Stephen

Message 4 of 8
gasevsm

Hi Stephen,
The @ and % symbol are Postgres operator characters. It is possible that the TOTAL_SAVINGS_PER_QUOTE_@_100% field is conflicting with the system computed field parser. Postgres is also sensitive and has rules about putting +/- operands immediately before or after ending a string with operator: in your case you have TOTAL_[...]_100%- concatenated.

Here's few things to try:
1. First, please verify you are using the exact field's system id once you edit the participating fields. Let's ensure there is no typos here.
2. Add a whitespace between % and - sign iIn your computed formula. Save and let us know if behavior changes.
3. Use only alpha numeric characters in system name. Eg. Can create a field like "Total Savings Per Quote 100 Percent" (TOTAL_SAVINGS_PER_QUOTE_100_PERCENT). Save it, then edit it again and change the friendly name to use @ and % symbols afterwards - this wouldn't change the system id. Goal is for its system is to not have operator characters.

Does this help?

Message 5 of 8
MrSJM88

Martin,

I'm still struggling with this.

I removed the '@' and '%' symbol, so the field is now "TOTAL SAVINGS PER QUOTE AT 100 PERCENT". I did notice that the field ID is limited on characters. So the field ID for this field name is actually "TOTAL SAVINGS PER QUOTE" -without the "AT 100 PERCENT"

I tried the new formula "TOTAL_SAVINGS_PER_QUOTE-CUSTOMER_COST_SAVINGS_PER_QUOTE"

I also tried "TOTAL_SAVINGS_PER_QUOTE - CUSTOMER_COST_SAVINGS_PER_QUOTE"

and "TOTAL_SAVINGS_PER_QUOTE -CUSTOMER_COST_SAVINGS_PER_QUOTE"

Thanks,

Stephen

Message 6 of 8
gasevsm

Hi Stephen,

Regardless of what the field name is, you must use the exact field ID as it appears in the admin 'Editing Field' modal dialog - see image below.  Copy and Paste that field ID into your computed formula. Nevertheless, if your field ID is defined as 'TOTAL_SAVINGS_PER_QUOTE', then this is exactly what you need to define in the computer field.

>> So the field ID for this field name is actually "TOTAL SAVINGS PER QUOTE".  

Each field ID is unique, must not start with a digit, must not have whitespaces (consequtive whitespaces are replaced by single underscore) and is of limited character length. The quoted field ID is incorrect as its missing underscores. I would expect to see "TOTAL_SAVINGS_PER_QUOTE" at the very least.

- Could you share your computed field formula please?

- Also edit each field and share image of how they are defined.

- One more note, the computed field can only pull values for fields that reside in the same workspace as the computed field. I hope that you are not referencing field IDs defined in a different workspace.

FieldID.PNG

Message 7 of 8
MrSJM88

Martin,

This one is resolved.

My first issue was my QUOTED_EAU field was not a float field. I was trying to use a Single Line Text field in my computed formula that was in a float field.

My second issue was I was trying to make one computed field push data to another computed field within the same workspace. - Is there another formual I can use to make a computed field communicate to another computed field?

Thanks,

Stephen

Message 8 of 8
gasevsm

Glad to hear this..

You can type convert from text to number in computed field if you really need to keep the SLT field type for whatever reason. But making the type number is probably the better idea here.

Computed fields are dynamically generated on the fly; as they are not stored values you cannot reference them from anywhere including from other computed fields.

Cheers,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report