Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing info in a derived field

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
stapprich
246 Views, 1 Reply

Changing info in a derived field

I am trying to create an ECO number field that would populate from the ECR number but with a "ECO" prefix on the front of the ECO number.

I feel a derived field would be a fit but not seeing how the picklist would fit. 

Any ideas or different directions I can try?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jpiggee
in reply to: stapprich

Simon,

(Sorry about moving your post but wanted to make it easier for others to see this info)

Unfortunately, derived fields are one way mirrors. You cannot edit the information in a derived field. However, you could use it to transfer information and then script to rebuild the information i.e. ECO to ECR, but this would be way more complex then needed.

The best solution for this would be to have a single select field for ECO or ECR, with a separate filed for the number. Then what you could do is use the derived field for the number only and allow the Item descriptor to combine field 1 and field 2 for you with would in turn give you a ECO or ECR number for the item in question.

This should help you achieve the desired effect for what you’re looking for.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report