Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change owner or add owner by script

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jamest
1407 Views, 5 Replies

Change owner or add owner by script

Hi All,

i want to be able to have an item field (user picklist) called something like "Assinged to" and on creation of that item ownership is changed to the person specified in the Assinged to Field. i wouldnt mind if this person was added to the additional items either just as long as they are considered an owner of the task.

i want this so that when i assign a task to someone others cant see there tasks (permisions "View Records owned by others), this is mostly because i want to clean up the outstanding work section of the home screen. right now everyone can see the task even if they are not responsible for it.

i dont mind if there is a simple answer to this that doesnt need scripting however i dont think there is. 

Cheers,

James Tennent

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
michelle.stone
in reply to: jamest

James - it's not possible to update the owner or add additional owners through scripting currently.  One way we deal with this is like you mentioned - remove the 'View Records Owned by Others' permission from the workpace and have the record creator add specific groups or users to the additonal owners:

owners.jpg

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
dkeeley

Hi James,

I'll also need to be bale to have this functionality in the future. Have you posted this proposal in IdeaStation?

David.

Message 4 of 6
jamest
in reply to: dkeeley

this has now been added to the idea station, hit the kudos to give it some legs if you like.

Message 5 of 6

So if an employee quits and goes to another competing firm, he/she can still access the files as an owner on Autodesk 360? How do I handle this situation?

Message 6 of 6
bentup

Looks like the idea has been implemented.  I got the following script to update an item's owner by leveraging the Users, ALL by Name picklist in my PROJECT_OWNER field.  The complexity is due to loadUser using the Autodesk ID, but the picklist using user actual names.  The search allows for a first and last name match.

var userName=item.PROJECT_OWNER; // Get the users
var nameArray=userName.split(", "); // Split the name of user in question
var lName=nameArray[0]; // Last name
var fName=nameArray[1]; // First name
var userINFO = Security.searchUsers({lastName:lName, firstName:fName}); //Find the user
item.master.owner = Security.loadUser(userINFO[0].id);  //Changes owner to user.

Kudos to Joe for the jump start in this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-PLM-360/Users-ALL-by-Name-pick-list/td-p/4385263

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report