Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change default quote in the sourcing tab

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Kenneberg
672 Views, 8 Replies

Cannot change default quote in the sourcing tab

Hi,

I have a revision controlled item and BOMs workspace (From the standard tenant). In the workspace I use the standard "Sourcing" tab, in which I can save suppliers and quote information. Up until recently I was able to set one of the quotes to default (so it's used in the BOM). Now I cannot change the default option, regardless if there is a default one already or not. I'm the only admin and I havn't changed the settings at all, is there an update recently which changed anything around the suppliers tab?

Best regards,

Johan Kenneberg

Best regards,

Johan Kenneberg
Mechanical Engineer
ReformTech Heating Technologies AB
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
gasevsm
in reply to: Kenneberg

Johan,

Is it possible it is a browser caching issue.

What browser do you use - IE, Chrome, Firefox? Which version too? We'd like to try and reproduce.

Couls you try a different browser to make sure the behavior is consistent?

Finally, please evaluate if the issue persists in troubleshooting mode:
- Chrome : called 'Incognito Mode'. Press Ctrl+Shift+N in an existing Chrome window.
- Firefox : called 'Safe Mode'. hold down the Shift key while starting new Firefox window.
- IE : called 'InPrivate Browsing'. Hit Ctrl+Shift+P in an existing IE window.

Let us know what you find.

Thank you,
--
Martin Gasevski

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 3 of 9
Kenneberg
in reply to: gasevsm

Hi,

I'm using Firefox v28.0 and my college who noticed the problem is on IE 11.0. I've also tried Chrome v 34.0.1847.131.

I tested the "Incognito Mode" in my Chrome version and the problem persists.

Best regards,

Johan Kenneberg

Best regards,

Johan Kenneberg
Mechanical Engineer
Message 4 of 9
gasevsm

Sorry it didn't turn out something easy like that. Thanks for checking anyways, Johan. I think this warrants a support ticket. Kindly create one and reference this thread.

What can you share about the status of the item
- is it revised at all?
- are you attempting to set a default on unreleased, Working, or a historical released e.g. Production lcState.

--
Martin Gasevski

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 5 of 9
michelle.stone
in reply to: gasevsm

I went ahead and created the support case (09563501) - someone will reach out to you soon!

Thanks,

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 9
dvirh

Johan,

When you say you can't change the default, is it because there is not button to change the default quote? That might be because you are looking at the Released Revision of the item. You can only change the default quote in the Sourcing tab of the Working Revision of the item. This is a known limitation of the system and we expect to fix it in an upcoming release.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 9
Kenneberg
in reply to: dvirh

Hi Hagay,

I cannot change it regardless of release status. I've tested both unreleased, working and released revision. These tests were performed in Firefox 29.0.

Best regards,

Johan Kenneberg

Best regards,

Johan Kenneberg
Mechanical Engineer
Message 8 of 9
dvirh

Johan,

The issue I was referring to has been resolved with the May release that went over the weekend. Can you please test it again and let me know if this is resolved or not for your use case?

Thanks!

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 9
dvirh
in reply to: dvirh

Johan,

BTW, I see that the two images you attached are showing Edit mode for the Sourcing tab. The 'Set Default' action is only available in the main screen for the Sourcing tab and not in the Edit screen. This may be contraintuitive, but this is how it's always been. See attached image.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums