Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser or PLM bug?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
plmadmin
707 Views, 11 Replies

Browser or PLM bug?

Sometimes I run into a really annoying bug in Chrome or PLM.

Most of the time the EDIT / CLONE / DELETE buttons work fine, but sometime it switches into a mode where it always assumes that I want to drag the field. Does not matter how or where I click.

screen_20140224_115846.png

The only way I can get it to work again, it to shut down chrome and start over.

Does anyone else experience this?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jpiggee
in reply to: plmadmin

Hello,

Yes, one could say that the UI for workspace management is a little "over excitable". I'll have a talk with the Devlopers and see if we can decrease its coffee intake and giving it more exercise to slow down its need to move.  

Smiley Happy

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 12
plmadmin
in reply to: jpiggee

In my opinion it should never drag if I am clicking right above the icons, but it does.

Initially it works fine, but after having worked for a while it goes into a mode where it does not matter where or how I click, it always drags.

I am running updated Chrome no plug-ins.

I have not seen the problem in IE, but then IE has other (and bigger issues).

This one is my favorite  :

When I try to edit a script I only see the first line.

screen_20140224_152223.png

I can use the mouse wheel to scroll down, but still only get to see one line at the time.

screen_20140224_152223.png

It makes it quite challenging to debug a script when you can only see one time at the time......  

Message 4 of 12
broepke

While this doesn't provide you an answer I just wanted to check to see if I get the same effect.  Mine seems to load and render just fine.  

Chrome 33.0.1750.117 m

2014-02-24_19-16-07.png

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Message 5 of 12
sten
in reply to: broepke

Just to clarify

The scripting issue is only seen on IE 11.0.9600.16518.

The draging issue is only seen on Chrome. 32.0.1700.107 m

Message 6 of 12
DonovanJr

I to also confirm both issues with Chrome and IE

Chrome Version 33.0.1750.117 m

The drag or move issue, Restarting clears the issue for a short time but seems to always return. I have also incountered this issue on Safari, but not recently. This issue has been happening for at least the last two PLM Updates.

The scripting issue I have only seen on IE Version11.0.9600.16518 (Update Versions 11.0.3 KB29099210

Thought I was going crazy as I had not seen any updates or posts about similar Issues.

Thank for helping to identify this.

Bob Donovan

Message 7 of 12
BiggePLM
in reply to: DonovanJr

Just an Update and request if this has been addressed?

Today I have had alot of difficulty with the Clone/Edit/Delete button issue or as Joe Piggee states Over Caffinated Actions

I usually only encounter this issue about once a day when I am working on Admin of our Workspaces but today it appears to happen every time I start working of a workspace.

Not sure if the trigger is related to jumping between browser tabs or just a timing as to when I go to edit the workspace Item details? Either way once the hyper button starts the only way I can return to editing the item details is by closing all browsers and re-logging into the tenant.

Any news on this issue?

Bob D

Message 8 of 12
TLopez0
in reply to: BiggePLM

I had experienced this same issue.

Message 9 of 12
dvirh

Just with respect to the IE issue, this is definitely a bug and we will work to resolve it, but there is a very simple workaround to it. Simply resize your browser window and you will get to see the full script. Again, this does not solve the problem, but should allow you to work while we are fixing this bug.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 12
j.hendrickson
in reply to: BiggePLM

I guess I'm raising my hand and bumping this topic back on the radar.  I've been running into the Clone/Edit/Delete button issue on and off for a while now but usually a quick restart of the browser takes care of the problem.  Today it's particularly bad and I just cannot get the buttons to click.  I'm running Chrome 34.0.1847.116.  Has anyone come up with a foolproof way to get it working again?  I guess I'll try restarting the computer and see if that helps.

Message 11 of 12
dkeeley
in reply to: j.hendrickson

I am now also experiencing this issue in Chrome. Makes it impossible to use Chrome for administration.

Message 12 of 12
michelle.stone
in reply to: dkeeley

I'll dig into this more on the Chrome side (I'm a Chrome only admin for the most part!)

Thanks,

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report