Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM shown does not coincide with BOM View as of date chosen

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
j.hendrickson
532 Views, 1 Reply

BOM shown does not coincide with BOM View as of date chosen

So I have an item with revisions A and C with a different BOM for each.  Revision A is called Superseded A with effective dates 1/27/2014 - 04/08/2014.  Revision C is called Active C with an effective date of 04/09/2014.

When I look at the Superseded A BOM it looks fine with the Revision indicated as B on line 0.0 and a defaulted BOM View as of date of 04/08/2014.

Looking at the BOM for Active C also looks fine with Revision C on line 0.0 and a default BOM View as of date of 04/09/2014.

The problem comes when I am looking at the Active C BOM and choose a BOM View as of date prior to C's effective date, such as 04/01/2014.  The screen re-loads, the item at the top changes to the Superseded A item, the BOM View as of date changes to 04/01/2014, but line 0.0 of the BOM still shows revision C and the BOM reflects the revision C BOM.  I would have expected the BOM to change to reflect what the BOM looked like on that date.  I've attached a screenshot.

If I immediately choose another BOM View as of date within A's effectivity range then that seems to fix the problem and everything on the screen matches.  This problem occurs going from any revision into another revision's effective period, not just Active to Superseded.  But here's the kicker: continue changing the date but choose a date each time outside of the current revision's effective period.  The BOM is then always one step behind and never shows the right information.

Seems a little buggy to me...

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dvirh
in reply to: j.hendrickson

Thanks for the report. Your expectations are spot on and something is certainly not right here. I will try to reproduce it and open a support ticket for it.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report