Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM column width control

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sten
357 Views, 2 Replies

BOM column width control

Is there a way to control the column width in a BOM (when viewed in browser).

When I view my BOM the description' field is the same width as 'Quantity' even though my description fields are all 50+ characters and quantity is only a number.

Why is the BOM viewer not better at determining the column fields.

If this is not possible I have plenty of ideas to how to improve this.

1) Autoscale based on text

2) Add option for min/max field width in bom setup window

3) Add scaling factor to bom setup windows where I tell it that 'description' must be 10x wider than 'quantity' (like a gui grid manager)

4) Double click on column divider will autoscale (like most modern gui's)

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nguyentru
in reply to: sten

BOMview 1.PNG

Hi Sten,

Currently in the BOM Tab - the columns are adjustable, allowing the user to shift to right or left for a  better fit of display.

You can move the descriptor field to the right to show more characters.  You can also move the Units and Quantity to the left to cut down on wasted space.

I use Chrome Browser, this allow the saving of my settings.  Once I set the column width to my desire needs, it will save the format through the records.

I also see you posted a lot of ideas to help improve the BOM View.

Please post your wonderful ideas and enhancement requests on the Idea Station.

thank you,

Trung

Trung Nguyen | PLM Product Management | Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
sten
in reply to: nguyentru

Trung,

You are right. I waited until today after I had restarted my computer to confirm that the browser remembers the column width. It does.
To be honest it didn't even occur to me that the browser could remember the column width of a particular page.

That solves 99% of my problem. A better initial guess could have been nice, but that is a small issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report