Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attaching a report to an email

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sten
582 Views, 3 Replies

attaching a report to an email

Is it possible to attach a report (pdf or xls) to an email through scripting?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jpiggee
in reply to: sten

Sten,

Unfortunately reports saved in the reports section of PLM are not attachable via advanced print view, however you could hyper link the for the report you want to have the user see, but this would require them to have an account within your PLM system.

So what in your eyes would be the best solution for this, would you prefer to have the ability to choose a report as an element (in advance print view) and then have it embedded in the email sent out? Or are you looking at choosing a report and the file type of the attachment, and have that sent out with the advance print view, if so what file types would you like to choose from? 

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 4
sten
in reply to: jpiggee

It is a neat idea to embed reports into a advanced print view. I can see how that could be useful, but all I am looking for right now is to attach a excel report to a email notification.

Thanks,
Sten
Message 4 of 4
jpiggee
in reply to: sten

Sten,

Currently this is not available at this time unless the report is already saved under the attachment tab, but I did add it to the IdeaStation .

Feel free to follow the link and add any info or ideas you may have on this topic.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report