Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asian Language Support

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
eddieemmet
559 Views, 2 Replies

Asian Language Support

Hi,

Does PLM 360 support Asian languages? (In this case, Japanese)

It seems to work sometimes when we put in Japanese data, but sometimes it doesn't work well. 

Here are a few examples -- creating a user (User_Before.jpg), then looking at it afterwards, all you see are a bunch of question marks (User_After.jpg). Or on the change log of a change order, you see the same thing -- question marks where the original characters were (ChangeOrderLog.jpg). 

I'm wondering whether this is supported at all?

Thanks,

Edward

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
broepke
in reply to: eddieemmet

Thank you for brining this up - I've seen this as well when creating a new record but I thought we fixed that.  The characters are stored properly but some of the forms aren't displaying them right.

Thank you again - I'll make sure these get logged right away.  If for any reason you find more places with the ???????? display please post them here.

UNICODE is fully supported.

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Message 3 of 3
eddieemmet
in reply to: eddieemmet

Okay, since it’s supported, I went ahead and loaded more data. All the fields on items and in descriptions seem to work fine. Also the import works. These are the main things.

I noticed just in some admin areas, e.g. also in a role name or similar things, the questions marks come up. To be honest, that’s not so critical. 

I did notice one place that causes troubles: if the user name isn't in English, then it gets displayed incorrectly sometimes. Here's a sample screenshot -- I'm creating a new supplier, and under approvals, just "????" appears in the selection dialogue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report