Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Scripting based on Workspace Permissions

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kevin.j.myers
564 Views, 3 Replies

Approval Scripting based on Workspace Permissions

Hi there,

Is there any known way to set up an Approval loop that can access all the users with a certain workspace permission, rather than the users chosen in the item details?

More specifically, is there any methods being written like "Security.listUsersInPermission('PERMISSION_NAME')".

This would help certain approval transitions without any setup in the item details tab.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jpiggee
in reply to: kevin.j.myers

Kevin,

From what you are talking about;” Approval loop that can access all the users with a certain workspace permission, rather than the users chosen in the item details”

I think at this stage, a simple new role with the permissions to do the transition in the workflow would be a better solution to the issue at hand.

An approval loop is used more for creating a group or a group of people and requiring X amount of people to OK the item before the item is allowed to pass.

If you are looking for something more along those lines then Security.inGroup or Security.inRole, would be better for this.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 4
kevin.j.myers
in reply to: jpiggee

I apologize, I should have been more clear.

The reason I need the approval loop is for the exact reason you say: "requiring X amount of people to OK the item before the item is allowed to pass", except the basic way of going about this requires the selection of approvers in the Item Details tab. For our system, each transition needs to have X amount of approvers, as well as diffferent approvers for each transition.

It would be possible to set things up with quite a lot of "Required Approvers" in the Item Details, but I was hoping to explore ways to automate the transitions by perhaps grabbing the users that have a particular transition's permission, and then setting up an approval loop off that.

Do you know of anything in the works that could help?

Message 4 of 4
jpiggee
in reply to: kevin.j.myers

Not a problem at all.

So in this circumstance the best way to do it is add the users needed for the loop into their own group or role, give them the permissions needed, and test against the group or role.

However there are better none scripting options for doing this on the roadmap, but if you are looking for a solution for now this would be the best option.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report