Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Item Details

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jdulude
870 Views, 5 Replies

API Item Details

I started digging deeper into the API's and ran into a roadblock.  I'm trying to see if I can get data about an Item in the Items & BOMs section.  I'd like to get all fields back such as Item Category, Description, Other Custom Fields, etc...
So far I have only see API's to get you high level item information, not quite the details I was looking for.  Below is the Rest URL I'm hitting to get this high level data.
{Workspace 8 = "Items & BOMs"}
{DMSID 334 = Test item I created}
From this I receive the following response.
  1. {
  2. "item":{
  3. "id":334,
  4. "description":"10-10000001 - Testing",
  5. "details":{
  6. "deleted":false,
  7. "dmsID":334,
  8. "versionID":1048,
  9. "workspaceID":8,
  10. "workspaceType":0,
  11. "version":1,
  12. "timeStamp":"2012-04-09T17:53:46.553-04:00",
  13. "lifecycleState":{
  14. "stateID":0,
  15. "stateName":"Unreleased"
  16. },
  17. "latest":true,
  18. "working":true,
  19. "workspaceName":"Items and BOMs"
  20. },
  21. "relations":{
  22. "entry":[{
  23. "key":"REL_INV_BOM",
  24. "value":null
  25. },{
  26. "key":"REL_BOM",
  27. "value":null
  28. }]
  29. }
  30. }
  31. }

As you can see this doesn't have the level of details I'm looking for.  Is this something that is currently exposed via the API's?
Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
michelle.stone
in reply to: jdulude

Welcome to our PLM 360 Community!

The information you are looking for regarding accessing specific item fields can be found in our WikiHelp.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/PLM_360/enu/Help/Help/0032-Administ32/0059-Scriptin59/0060-Scriptin60

In particular, look at the section for 'The "item" Object and Access to Item Fields'.

Hope that helps.

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
jdulude
in reply to: michelle.stone

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the response and the welcome.

This actually isn't quite what I'm looking for.  I'm not looking to access this data via scripting within the PLM, but rather from external scripts within other systems over the REST Api (located at {base_url}/api/rest/application.wadl).  Do you know if this is possible?  I need to pull our data out of the PLM and push it into our own systems once a certain point in the workflow is reached.

Thanks for your time,

Jamie

Message 4 of 6
michelle.stone

Hi Jamie.  API services will be introduced in a later release - stay tuned.  

When we make the web services available for use, we will have the documentation / release notes available on our website. (http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/PLM_360/enu/Help).

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
jdulude
in reply to: michelle.stone

Thanks for the quick response.

Do you know when or at least a rough idea of when the API's will be officially released?  Also do you know if the level of details I'm looking for will be part of the API when it is released?

I'm working on a very agressive time frame w/ my company and a lot of it will depend on having access to this data.

Thanks again,

~Jamie

Message 6 of 6
broepke

Hi Jamie,

I send you a direct message so I can understand a little more about what you want to do.  Thanks!

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report