Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1D & 2D barcode support solution

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
scottmoyse
722 Views, 4 Replies

1D & 2D barcode support solution

This little scanner looks brilliant: http://ww1.socketmobile.com/products/bluetooth-scanners/how-to-buy/details.aspx?sku=CX2864-1336

I'm sure there are others out there from different manufacturers, however these guys already have support for these apps:

http://www.socketmobile.com/AppStore/

It wouldn't half be grand for the eventual PLM 360 mobile app to be supported with these types of all purpose Symbology input devices! Even better if the PLM 360 App supported the use of the cameras on mobile devices to input the data itself without the need for a 3rd part piece of hardware.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michelle.stone
in reply to: scottmoyse

ScottMoyse wrote: 

It wouldn't half be grand for the eventual PLM 360 mobile app to be supported with these types of all purpose Symbology input devices! Even better if the PLM 360 App supported the use of the cameras on mobile devices to input the data itself without the need for a 3rd part piece of hardware.

Thanks for the suggestion - tagging this 'feedback'.

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
demolofese
in reply to: michelle.stone

To read 1D and 2D barcode, here is a good barcode scanner I have used. Nice to use. Share it with you all.

Message 4 of 5
scottmoyse
in reply to: demolofese

Thanks for making your first post on these forums a PLM 360 one Smiley Happy

ANy chance you could share the link to the product you are referring to please?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 5 of 5
jneal
in reply to: michelle.stone

I have purchased a socket mobile scanner and was able to connect it to my iPad. How do I get BIM 360 field to recognize the device? We are wanting to be able to scann barcodes that are out of reach from the ground. Currently in order to scan a barcode we have to have a ladder. 

Does the ability to use a 3rd party scanner exist? Is autodesk looking at doing this? This would be a huge time saver for our company. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report