Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap 3D Project Issues with GoPro Hero 3 and UAV Phantom 1

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1166 Views, 8 Replies

Recap 3D Project Issues with GoPro Hero 3 and UAV Phantom 1

So after spending over a hundred if not more hours I thought I had Recap figured out. Then taking one last set of correct pictures of this test build they look horrible. I watched the YouTube video of the skate park and that skate park looks perfect. Perfection at its best. 

I have a Phantom 1 with the GoPro Hero 3 Silver. 

1. After several search I came across an answered question from Recap stating they don't support the Silver Edition. ?????

Why and what is different ? Recap Cloud defished my photos pretty decent but the 3D mesh looks all wavy and horrible. 

I have no problem investing in a Hero 3 Black but what am I missing. 

Thanks, 

Chad 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
vidanom
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Chad,

Welcome to our forums.

We are in the process of calibrating the exact pixels coming for the Silver edition.

It’s still not supported completely, and we’ll make sure to update you when this will happen.

I do believe your photos are sharp and with good overlap (80% coverage between photos), so I’m pretty certain the lens is the main reason for the waive model, as that was the case with the other projects we had with Silver & White.

So solution for now would be either GoPro Black, or to try defishing the lenses in some other photo app before uploading to ReCap 360.

That should give much better results.

Best,

Mitko

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: vidanom

HI,

I have seen on different places what versions of the GoPro work with Recap. Can you tell me which GoPro camera's now are compatible with Recap? 

Message 4 of 9
vidanom

GoPro 3 Black and GoPro 3+ Black

Thank you,

Mitko

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: vidanom

Is there a list of what camera's/lenses are compatible?
Message 6 of 9
noutary

Hi,

Please see this post regarding supported lenses types : http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/photo-on-recap360/supported-lens-types-for-photo-recap-360/td-p/506443...

Thank you,

Yann

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: noutary

For the best results don't use a Gopro! Use something that does not have the fisheye effect.  Yes they claim Recap 360 will work with a Gopro but the results are not real consistent and you'll send many an hour with your UAV and many an hour waiting for the maybe results to come back from the cloud.  I currently have been using a Hex with a Nikon AW100 that shoots 16mb pic with no fisheye.  There is no comparison to the results that you get with the GoPro's.

Bottom line is that spend a grand more and get the results you have hoped for!

Bill Neuhauser P.E.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hi,

Is the Hero 4 or Hero 4 Black supported? 

Message 9 of 9
vidanom

Yes, 

Officialy all the GoPro 4 version are now supported by ReCap 360

Best,

Mitko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report