Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap 360 blocked, lost files and charged 8 times. Can't stitch anymore!

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
AP2014
974 Views, 22 Replies

Recap 360 blocked, lost files and charged 8 times. Can't stitch anymore!

Hello,

The product is great but the web interface is quite problematic:

1) Yesterday, I try to stitch photos manually to improve a project. I spend 3 hours and the site blocks. I have to restart from scratch. The file disappears.

2) I restart from scratch, pay again for a new calc, wait for hours, and go to "stitch" again.

3) I stitch over 40 photos. Suddenly, I select a photo to stitch, the site freezes and only shows 2 black windows. I can't do anything more.

4) I decide to start again (again!) from scratch since I do need this 3d model urgently. I prepare the project again. I spend time on the "registration" page and I input dimensions.

5) I am ready to launch but it doesn't work. I click "next" but never land on the "submitted page". I try again and again, it never goes to the next page which should say "submitted successfully".

6) Suddenly, I am back to the credit counter and I discover I have been charged 8 times (I have 60 credits left instead of 105).

7) This morning (15 hours later > why is it that long, why is there such a queue???), I receive 5 emails saying my projects are ready.

😎 I go to recap 360 (Chrome latest version running on W7 up to date): only 1 file appears and 1 still calculating (51% after 15 hours). Where are the 8 files I seem to have paid for (and why did I pay 8 times for the same file?)

9) I am able to open this completed project but when I want to download the files, the answer is: "No export" (although I systematically request all possible formats). So, I have really paid for nothing!

11) I decide to stitch manually (86 photos out of 249 have not been stitched!) and resubmit. But I can't stitch: I choose a picture and it opens 2 black frozen windows. Hidden behind a banner, I can guess it is written “please contact support”. What support? Where?

12) I write a feedback and I am unable to send it... I hit “send feedback” and nothing happens..

13) I want to share my folder with a friend: I go back to the main page and the complete project I just opened is no longer there. I can only see 2 new ones still calculating... Where are the jobs I paid for?

14) I try to share an other project folder with a friend in order to get some help. The sharing fails, saying "object reference is not set to an instance of an object"

I think something is going wrong here, am I right?

How can I get a working site back and finally complete this 3d model? How can I get credits back?

Please, guys, try to make a web service as great as the photogrametry product! So far, it discouraging.

Thanks

I think you guys have a big problem with the web interface as well as with the computing power.

It is a pity because the photo product is so great!

What is to happen next?

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
AP2014
in reply to: recap360

Well... I tried the draft mode.... Supposed to be faster! I launched a calculation yesterday. 13 hours later, we are still at 88% (same figure as 8 hours ago), only for a draft, that will have forgotten half the photos... All this is way too long and too buggy. 

Also, I am not convinced about the stitching problem. In the beginning of the same project, I was able able to stitich several times. Right, it never worked properly and always crashed before rendering anything, but at least, I could access the right window and do the manual stitching. Now, I can't even do this anymore since the windows have become black. Is there a reason?

May I ask another question? Since in 3 weeks I have not been able to get even 1 correct model, I couldn't go to the next step. If I finally obtain a 3d model (!), hopefully at scale, and I want ot use it, with its photo mapping, in Autocad or 3ds max, how do I do? I tried to import a rcs in autocad but it comes without out mapping (it seems to be only a reference on which one can build a new 3d geometry, so a lot of work still to come). In 3ds, I could only import a fxb file, without scale apparently, and very heavy. How can I edit it? How can I clean it, make it lighter? How can I remove the surroundings and unwanted parts? And is there a way to work with the mapped model in autocad?

The help is very defective, it generally describes outdated versions that work differently. All this is really uneasy.

Message 22 of 23
RC_steph
in reply to: AP2014

Hello

I m sending you a private message to have a direct communication with you.

We will update this post with the results.

Thanks,
Stephane
Message 23 of 23
AP2014
in reply to: RC_steph

Hello,

so my quick draft has now been calculationg for 18 hours...

No progress whatsoever.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report