Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Failed

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
tincupp
550 Views, 14 Replies

Project Failed

I am having issues with a project failing.  I have tried in both preview and ultra mode with no luck.  My photos are taken with a GoPro 3+ Silver from a DJI Phantom.  I have submitted projects both straight off the GoPro and have defished them in Photoshop.  Is their documentation or any other information that someone could direct me to for pointers on something that I may be missing that could have caused these to fail.  

If anyone cares to take a look at the photos that I am submitting, they are at

White Barn - RECAP360 Photos

Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
RC_steph
in reply to: tincupp

Hello,

I cannot access your project. It looks like we need to be part of the Mortenson Construction company. Could you change the permission settings ?

Thanks
Message 3 of 15
tincupp
in reply to: RC_steph

RC_steph,
Should be able to get to them now.
Message 4 of 15
rjziemer

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem with the project failing using photos from a digital camera. Thanks
Message 5 of 15
tincupp
in reply to: rjziemer

I did.  My issues seemed to be that I was using a GoPro Silver, which aparently is not compatible.  I upgraded to a GoPro Black and had much better luck.  Not sure that helps you though?

Message 6 of 15
rjziemer

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, I'm not using a GoPro just trying to make it work with existing digital photos. Did you find a help page or any documents that helped you out on formatting or specs you needed to submit with? It gives absolutely no feedback as to why my projects fail.
Message 7 of 15

Hi rjziemer,

From the projects that fail we found that is one of these two issues:

- either your A360 storage soaceis full and the system doesnt have space to save it ( please check the size of your storage and aboslutely make sure you delete your Trashbin)

- or there are issues with the photos ( blurry photos, not enough overlap, non adequate light (shadows or use of flash), strong shadows or shiny and glossy objects.

can you let us know if its the first p=point and if not, could you share your folder on A360 with recap360@autodesk.com so we can take a look at your photos and advise?

thansk

t

Message 8 of 15

It says I've used 6% of the A360 storage, so I don't think its that. It could be that the photos are not great, but I was hoping it would be able to stitch them together based on the reference points I made between them to cover the various angles. Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.
Message 9 of 15

hiya, so do check (just in case) the Trashbin of the A360 account ( go to www.autodesk360.com, under Documents you can see all your projects and the Trashbin is on the left side)

if space is still not the issue, do please share the project folder with recap360@autodesk.com so we can look and advise 🙂

thanks!
tanja

Message 10 of 15
vidanom

Hi and welcome to our forum,

You can try to resubmit your project, it's free of charge if you have used cloud credits for "ultra" mode the first time.

This is a little older video, but it describes very well the basics of taking the "right" photos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F-mBJQcthE&list=PLQOxJKbIe-77ht-5oj-dpJl4yW_hdAhyz

Also the last couple of pages on this guide might be helpful:

https://adsk-recap-public.s3.amazonaws.com/Getting_Started_Guide_ReCap_Photo.pdf

However, if you don’t have enough overlap (every 5 degrees or so) this can be very difficult to achieve.  

Hope this will help,

Regards,

Mitko

Message 11 of 15
rjziemer
in reply to: vidanom

The trash is empty and the folder should be shared with you.

Thanks

Message 12 of 15
rjziemer
in reply to: vidanom

Is there a way to see what it comes up with, even though the model may not be complete? Then possibly manually stitch together the areas that it is having trouble with. Or is does this just not work on larger scale projects such as buildings?
Message 13 of 15
StefLabs

Hi,

If subsets of your pictures have been registered together you should get at least a project/mesh with thoses pictures.

Than, as you said, you can start help manually by adding matches. Seems like you have nothing that registered at all...

Is you building very shiny ? reflecting the environment or the sky ?

Stephane

Message 14 of 15
rjziemer
in reply to: StefLabs

There are some metal parts that have some shine to them but it doesn't give me anything back at all. Would it be better to add just a couple photos at a time to try to get something out of it? I figured the more photos and angles, the better, but it just fails no matter what I've tried so far. 

I put the exact same set of photos into 123D Catch and it at least gave me a partial wall. I thought ReCap would be better

Message 15 of 15
StefLabs

Hi,

Trying to upload a subset of your pictures should not change anything... if recap finds a subset of the full list that matches enough for registration, it is sent back...

So its probably due to shiness, refelxions, or too "planar" buildings.

If you share the data to recap360@autodesk.com we can have a look at the pictures.

Stephane

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report