Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photo file suported formats

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jackbeginner
947 Views, 8 Replies

photo file suported formats

Hi! As a beginner with the trial version of ReCap 360, I don't understand why my pictures (jpeg) don't appear when I want to upload them.

Is the jpeg format non supported by ReCaop 360?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Jack

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ReCap_Ju
in reply to: jackbeginner

Hello Jack,

I just tried and I was able to reproduce this issue only when browsing for images already uploaded on A360 as JPEG.

We noticed recently that the JPEG files where not identified as "images" by our storage. When you are browsing your A360 space from ReCap360 website to select images, a filter is performed against this data to show you only the image files. That's why they do not appear. We are aware of this problem and I can tell you it will be fixed in our next release.

In the mean time and as a workaround, you can upload your images directly from ReCap360 website at the creation of your project, as shown in the screen shot below it works:

JPEG.png

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers

Message 3 of 9
jackbeginner
in reply to: ReCap_Ju

Thanks to you RECap_Ju.

Does it mean that the trial version  I am trying to begin with doesn't work correctly?

In such a case, how can I discover the product in a good way?

Jack

Message 4 of 9
ReCap_Ju

Hello Jack,

The trial version works well, it just has limited features.
Maybe your are using Internet Explorer as your browser. Unfortunately we does not support well this browser for technical limitations.

If it's the case please try to use the application with Chrome (Firefox works too).

Let us know,
Regards
Message 5 of 9
jackbeginner
in reply to: ReCap_Ju

In fact I don't use IE. I currently use Firefox or Chrome. I will show you with screen shots what happens.

Thanks a lot,

Jack

Message 6 of 9

Jack hi,

Photo on ReCap360 is one product ( has no Trial) - what it has its Preview mode ( free but limited in quality) and Ultra ( top quality with additional export file formats and smart texture option).

The normal workflow is this:

- you open the web site https://recap360.autodesk.com/#home

-  click on NEW Photo project (if that icon doesnt exist, you might be in SCAN mode so you have to switch to PHOTO mode - for that make sure that the gree icon that has photo on it on teh right side of the screen is checked 

- once you click on New photo project, you will get a dialog box asking you th ename of th eproject and various settings, after you fill that, click Next

- inthe following dialog you have to upload photos. there are muliple ways ( and that is what Julien said one of them might be broken):

1. drag and drop photos from your desktop

2. click to Open photos from your dekstop

3. use photos from your A360 account ( might be broken)

is this the flow you are doing? or if not, can you try all methods and let us know if it worked?

alternatively ,if you are needing meshes from Photos, you could try our new project Memento - where you can create meshes from Photos but also cleaned the up, fix and prepare the meshes for export or for 3D printing. Here a link to the free memento preview :https://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=D69655022B4F42C880513D4E3085C7D0   (we have a fourm there as well)

yuo will need to Join and then download the build from the left pane. Its a desktop app that runs on Windows only currently where the phot to mesh is also a clou dservice but happens from within the app.

let us know!

tanja

Message 7 of 9

Thank you so much Tanja for your explanations.

I began to run as you told me step by step, and I finally met a problem

The 46 pictures I downloaded ran correctly, my project was correctly submitted

and finally a problem occured, as you can see on the attached screen shot.

Please, what can be the issue?

Jack

Message 8 of 9
thommynator

which photo formats do recap support? at au2014 they said raw formats are the best. So my camera has *.CR2 as raw format. But it seems not working...

ty

www.EnjoyBIM.de | Revit, Dynamo, BIM and more | High quality training and Consulting in Stuttgart

-----------------------------
Ihr fandet einen Beitrag hilfreich? Dann vergebt dafür doch Kudos!
Eure Frage wurde erfolgreich gelöst? Dann einfach auf den 'Als Lösung akzeptieren'-Button klicken!
Message 9 of 9
vidanom
in reply to: thommynator

Hi Ty,

ReCap 360 only works with JPG file formats, RAW are best to use only because you can do post-process work on the photos before uploading to ReCap 360, but they cannot go directly.

Best,

Mitko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report