Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo capture best practice - Frank Lloyd Wright - Monte Carlo

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KWKnoll
251 Views, 1 Reply

Photo capture best practice - Frank Lloyd Wright - Monte Carlo

I am asking a photographer is thery would be will ing to catpte a small building that will be historaiclly restoreed. I would like to send her a bullet of do's and don'ts while taking the photos. I can't seam to find anything out there that is not in a video. she is in a remote area and text emails are best, verses videos to watch. Can someone provide a link or  a PDF that covers the basics.

Thanks..

here is a photo of the cottage. all the trees and shrubs around have been removed. Also it is a Frank Llyod Wright design. It was called the Monte Carlo because of all the gambleing that took place in the cottage.

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/mi0325.photos.035156p/resource/

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
StefLabs
in reply to: KWKnoll

Hi,

Yes its true there are mainly video tutorials. But if possible its worth checking as we can see people in action, especially for the acquisition phase ...

I found this pdf tutorial ; check the last chapter (h10.ADDENDUM ‐ How to take photos...)

https://adsk-recap-public.s3.amazonaws.com/Getting_Started_Guide_ReCap_Photo.pdf

I would add the followings, having seen the house:

- keep as much as possible the entire house (or good part of it ) in the image ; like the one shared

- use wide angle lens if possible (<30mm) that does not distort too much

- do not change focal on every shot (its supported but less constrained ...) 

- take photos all around from standing positions; carefull on vegetation that might occlude parts

- take also some photos from higher positions if possible : using stick, long tripod or stepladder

Hope it helps,

Stephane

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report