Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material ID

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rembush
391 Views, 5 Replies

material ID

Is there a way to force Recap360 to only output one ID so you will only get all the UV's on a single texture in the OBJ format?

This would massively help cut down work I'm doing in my pipeline - if not could this be a feature request?

thanks for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
vidanom
in reply to: rembush

It’s a feature request,

Thank you for reporting and we would love to hear more;

Anything that would improve your workflow, why and what are the projects you are working on.

Fill free to send us any input in a private message.

Best,

Mitko 

Message 3 of 6
the.anykey
in reply to: vidanom

I found that if I use a bounding box or autocrop, I only get one UV map. 

Message 4 of 6
vidanom
in reply to: the.anykey

With the crop tool you are reducing the unnecessary area for the UV map, but if you are uploading many photos with high pixels, you should still get multiple textures.

Also the sharper the photos the more pixels will be matched, resulting in more accurate dense models and more high detailed UV maps.

Mitko

Message 5 of 6
mg
Enthusiast
in reply to: vidanom

This has been my number one request going back to the 123d Catch days.  The multiple material ID and maps works fine as long as the target application supports it (3ds Max) but it is incompatible other programs like Zbrush.  This requires an extra step of baking out the textures into a new UV channel and single map before working in those programs, which takes extra time and reduces texture quality due to the necessary resampling caused by baking.  Not to mention the process might be too complicated for some users to even understand, or the fact they don't have access to the right sotware to bake in the first place.  

There really should be an option to FORCE the texture into a single material ID and bitmap.   That being said, if the user wants the multi material and map results (leaves this option on), I suggest Recap produce such UVs and textures using the UDIM approach and NOT via overalpping UVs that share the same coordinate space.  

http://bneall.blogspot.com/p/udim-guide.html

Message 6 of 6
vidanom
in reply to: mg

Absolutely.

Thank you,

This is definitely in our scope,

Mitko 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report