Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's what your model in Ultra would look like

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TalonOne
400 Views, 3 Replies

Here's what your model in Ultra would look like

Hi Recap dev team,

One thing preventing me from playing around with ultra mode is the the 'experimental' aspect of it.  I don't really know if I'll like the quality and I don't want to spend money on a failed experiment.

Something that I was thinking about is maybe you guys could operate like how my childrens school photos work.  They take a bunch of pictures and fully process them into 8x10's and every other size in the hope that I will purchase them all.  I am not under any obligation to purchase them but I actually do end up buying at least some of the optional photos.

Maybe you guys could render in ultra quality the meshes in the clouds down time and offer them to me along with maybe a few snapshots from various angles or something (ideally in the 3d viewing tool) so I get a taste of what I would be buying.  The plus side is that I wouldn't have to wait for the ultra quality to render, so I get it immediately.  I also can vett the model and make sure I'll be happy with the quality.

In the end, I'd be terribly disappointed to end up with an ultra quality like this:

http://a360.co/1isqCDE

(I don't know what in the world went wrong with the texture render here but it's awful and makes me not even want to TRY to buy an ultra version.)

I know I'm just really a little nobody here but I probably would buy some of my test models if I thought they would look really nice. I bet others would too.

Anyway, that's my big idea for the day.

Thanks,

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TalonOne

Yes, this is how it should work.  The current workflow of paying BEFORE you see the result is pretty lame.

Message 3 of 4
mason.foster
in reply to: Anonymous

Totally agree guys.

There were some political/technical limitations which led us to the current implementation; however, we are actively lobbying for a paradigm where you see the result and are happy with it before any cloud credits are required. 

Hopefully we'll be able to have a better model for you sooner rather than later...will keep you posted as I can. 

Message 4 of 4
TalonOne
in reply to: mason.foster

I'd pay the annual subscription to have that ability.  So if the technical reason is that your servers would have their CPU pegged you could offer that idea to mitigate it.

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report