Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feature request - Make base

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
454 Views, 4 Replies

feature request - Make base

Maybe add a "make base" option,   I need to print some of the models on a z650 printer, would be great to be able to output in one go and have a closed solid. 😉

Bo

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
vidanom
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Bo,

Thank you for your input.

Have you tried the new Memento version?

This product from Autodesk is striving to do exactly the same thing. From photos to a 3D printer.

This is one older sample video with its capabilities.

Check it out and let us know.

Regards,

Mitko

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: vidanom

Hey Mitko,

WOW. Memento looks phenomenal. will be trying that for sure.

On the random thoughts. how about accepting 1080p video. not ?high? quality, but a slow pass might still yield a good amount of useful data?

the frames are small so the software could extract say 1 frame every 30-60 frames. (unless more is really more)

would love to be able to fly a really small quad inside some cool buildings where I would never fly the hexa. 🙂

Bo
Message 4 of 5
vidanom
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Bo,

If it's 30 frames per sec. I would say good enough is 1 frame on every 300 frames. Try  keep the EXIF data when extracting the frames.

However, instead of videos we strongly recommend taking photos. In videos there can be a lot of pixels drifted in the wrong location, which can result in weak results from the service.

You can set up the camera on 5sec time-lapse.

Best,

Mitko

Message 5 of 5
grosn
in reply to: vidanom

Hi,

I could not agree more, even if video might seem easier because of the continous motion, it suffers from several potential issues:

-  video frames will lack of EXIF information

- the process will have to deal with some motion artifacts: motion blur, rolling shutter effect (due to CMOs sensors on most small devices, ...)

- the resolution will be much lower than with still images

Nico

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report