Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

editing draft scans

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sanderto
314 Views, 3 Replies

editing draft scans

I have used 123D Catch successfully for over a year.  Having extremely difficult time of trying to accomplish same in RECAP 360.  I have several photo scan drafts.  Don't know where to go/what to do next.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ReCap_Ju
in reply to: sanderto

Hello,

If you want to be able to:

• submit project with more than 50 images
  • user pre registration feature
  • use smart texturing
  • access Ultra mesh quality

You should consider to get a subscription.

Then if you want to improve your result, you access the online viewer by clicking on your project tile on the home page.
Once opened you have several options here:

• add images (on the bottom left) to cover / improve areas you're not satisfy with
  • manual stitch images that failed to be intagrated by the engine: in the viewer, on the left panel, at the bottom of the thumbnails list you will encounter the images that where not automatically stitched. Clicking one of them will prompt you to manual stitch it (in the top right corner of the viewer). By clicking the "stitch" button you will be redirected to a window where you can do this.
  • resubmit your project (bottom left corner).

If you are familiar with 123DCatch you will be able to achieve the same here.

Hope this helps, otherwise I missunderstood your problem 🙂

Regards

Message 3 of 4

Hi Sanderto,

to be sure we cover all aspects of your question, given that i understood it a bit differently than my colleague:

if you were confused how to start a project on the recap360 site, go here https://recap360.autodesk.com  click on New Photo Project (if you dont see that on the first screen, you might be in 'scan' not 'photo' mode, in that case switch to photo mode using the green icon with the photos on it, on the right side of the screen.. Than a dialog appears, pick a name for the project, type of reconstruction etc and upload photos. When the project is done you will receive an email with a link to the created mesh.

you can also try Project Memento that is on Autodesk Labs, follow this link: https://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=D69655022B4F42C880513D4E3085C7D0 ,

where you can also create photo to mesh reconstructions but also have tools to clean up the mesh, fix , edit and export or full 3d printing functionality. What you will not have in the current build of Memento are manual stitch tools, adding survey points and distance, as we have not yet implemented them.

please let us know what works for you and if any of our answers were helpful

and curious, (if you are willing to share) - what type of objects are you capturing? small objects? buildings? else? 

many thanks!

tanja

Message 4 of 4

Thanks for your great help. Don't know why Autodesk makes it so hard to
find instructions on how to use Recap 360.

Thanks again,

Tom Sanderson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report