Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cliffs where there are no cliffs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dcutter
329 Views, 4 Replies

Cliffs where there are no cliffs

This is unfortunately clear example of the type of data is prompting my questions about spatial data accuracey.  This is a model of a beach for a coastal restoration project.  I am unable to use this data for surface generation.  It imptractical to recollect this data. 

Is there away to correct this issue through post proccessing?
Can we add more than 250 images?

7-2-2014 9-22-30 AM.png

7-2-2014 9-24-44 AM.png

Thanks,

Denis
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ReCap_Ju
in reply to: dcutter

Hi Denis,

I think this is a typical example of a "divided" model. My guess is that the engine has a good calibration on the right and on the left of the imaginary cliff but have poor links between the 2 parts. So your model is kind of broken in 2 pieces and the "joining" of these 2 parts created the "cliff".

If all your images are already stitched you can try to add some registration points and reference distances around this area to see if it helps.

To do so: resubmit your scene and don't forget to check the "Review project" box in order to be able to do some registration.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Message 3 of 5
TalonOne

It sort of looks like waves were coming in and messing up the stitching? Forgive me if I'm incorrect, I can't really tell from the point cloud. 

Matt

Message 4 of 5
dcutter
in reply to: ReCap_Ju

Hi Ju,

I don't have any distance data for that section of the model.  I will try and add some manual stich points in the area and see if it works.

There was very little movement in the water and no waves.  I shot this at low slack tide to get as much of the beach as possible.  The interesting thing is, because of the sun angle I actually got a little sub-water line modeling.  If I had been using a polorized filter, I'm sure it would have been better.

Thanks,

Denis
Message 5 of 5
dcutter

Here is the latest attempt.  I went in added some more registered points in the area of the cliff on the right.  I resubmitted the project and it did not seem to fix anything.  Is there anyway to simply edit the points myself.  If I could highlight an area and rotate it down and into place I would be much closer than I am.  The problem is, I really need this beach data.  Its for a costal habitat remediation plan.  I need a surface that I can design against.

7-17-2014 11-07-16 AM.png

7-17-2014 11-21-13 AM.png

7-17-2014 11-24-52 AM.png

Thanks,

Denis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report