Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are 4 hour waits common?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
JamesMaeding
451 Views, 9 Replies

Are 4 hour waits common?

This recap 360 is the first Autodesk remote internet software, I mean cloud, service I have used.

Given that the models take about 20 minutes to process, on average AFAIK, that means there are (4hr / 20min) 12 projects ahead of me.

I'm starting to wonder if this is practical for the idea of same day models, though no one ever promised that.

I guess I am wondering what is the worst case for waits on these models? Can I make a reservation for party of 62 photos please?

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TalonOne
in reply to: JamesMaeding

They seem to have been all over the spectrum. I have similar concerns, I have a Maker Fair type of thing coming up where I need to make models of visitors. I really hope I can get under 1 hr turn around times.

I submitted 5 or 6 projects today and they all processed quickly so I choose to take that as a good sign.

Matt
Message 3 of 10
dgorsman
in reply to: TalonOne

I don't think you can count on linear thinking for determining wait times, since there could be dozens of complex projects in the queue one time and only a couple of lightweight project at another time.  It could also be affected if the servers being used are undergoing maintenance, under DDOS attack, geographic user distribution (if lots of users in North America then middle-of-the night for that continent would likely be faster), and so on.

I wonder how practical it would be to provide a queue monitor, indicating (anonymously of course) how many projects in the queue, approximate size (small/fast, medium/medium, large/slow), and so on.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 10
JamesMaeding
in reply to: dgorsman

Good idea, a queue indicator.

I generally have a lot of patience if I know something is working and making progress.

I wonder how many people have submitted duplicate projects because they thought something went wrong with the first when it was just taking long.

If the system can email us when something is done, it should also be able to send some kind of wait indication.

Message 5 of 10
TalonOne

I've not been super impressed with the ultra quality and have spent probably 30 cloud points on all stuff I ended up deleting.  For me, the preview versions almost always look better.  I'd rather spend the cloud points to not have to wait.

Matt 

Message 6 of 10
JamesMaeding
in reply to: TalonOne

Rejected modelsare a problem indeed. Everyone will be doing models twice because they realize they must do the free option first for preview.

Message 7 of 10
ideerge

The ultra takes every single bit resolution in your images, In a way you will get tons of better details, the shape may differ abit, i guess it is your call to run for ultra or not when you think the preview is enough for your need.

There is no way of prioritize a processing queue right now since it takes large amount of processing power and almost everyone wants it faster, but we are doing our best to increase the speed 🙂

Message 8 of 10
dgorsman
in reply to: ideerge

Prioritizing isn't so much a priority, as being able to gauge the projects that are ahead in the queue.  A live anonymous listing ("There are X large, Y medium, and Z small projects ahead of you") would assist in deciding to submit somthing that is needed RFN, or a time-history graph showing queue lengths by day over the past month, average lengths by time of day, etc. (similar to what one would use to judge network license useage) would enable a more general go-wait decision.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ideerge

2 days waiting.   I am moving to another software.  I thought Autodesk had their stuff together

Message 10 of 10
JamesMaeding
in reply to: Anonymous

One of the wonders of cloud services - no control over priority.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report