Did you mean: 

Clarification Requested

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
1890 Views, 20 Replies

Clarification Requested

Please clarify,

1.) Existing customers on perpetual license subscription will be able to continue to renew that subscription and recieve upgraded perpetual licenses in the future at similiar prices as currently charged. Yes - No?

2.) What options will existing customers have, when they allow their perpetual license subscription to lapse?

3.) What options will existing perpetual license customers have in regards to downgrading or cross grading after perpetual licenses are no longer offered?

Thanks

JL

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Revit_LT2

While Adobe is not charging the same, even relatively, the effective model is the same. Pay or your software stops working. In effect enslavement of their customer base. They want a guaranteed revenue stream. Such a deal, me too! Does your business have a guaranteed revenue stream ? I don't know about anyone else here but if my customers don't like what we're doing for them we stop making money. If the economy is down we take a hit like everyone else. Why should any company have a guaranteed revenue stream ?  While the effective result of all this is a doubling of cost per seat of most products the bigest problem is that when you stop paying it stops working you are out of business.

Joel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report