Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PArray Issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Theoricus
246 Views, 1 Reply

PArray Issue

Just started using 3DS Max 2014 both in school and at home, and our current project is to make the planet Earth explode. When trying to assign the surface material from the Earth sphere to the PArray chunks, the "Get Material From" button under the Particle Type menu does not work! Before anyone says, "Make sure the object is not grouped" I already know this. And it's not. This is a very basic animation that people have been doing for several versions of 3DS Max, I have watched several you tube vids on how this is done and theyre all the same. I will also mention that this is happening on both our 2014 software at the college and the student license I have at home. So I believe this is either a bug OR there is something different in the PArray menus in this version from past versions that we are not seeing that has to be checked, or unchecked or some other selection box that we are glancing over. Can anyone walk through this process and verify please?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
avolution
in reply to: Theoricus

A sample file or screenshot would be helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report