Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Modeling and Different Rendering Levels

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
TechnicGeek
222 Views, 0 Replies

3D Modeling and Different Rendering Levels

Good day community. I would like to ask about 3D modeling and 3D rendering so I will start my question from 3D modeling.

If I want to recreate specific product in 3D model, would it matter if I will have product sent to me or only its picture? If there is preference of one over another then I would like to know about it.

I happen to see a few portfolios of 3D rendered models and would say that rendering quality/definition differs from item to item and wonder why. I have seen one provider on freelance website offering 3 levels of rendering - low, medium and high where with each level price increases. I am interested to know this as well - why not all renderings are created equal and why pricing ranges from level to level.

And finally, I would like to know if there are certain products that are more suitable for 3D modeling and rendering than others. I mean if product has textured surface, like cardboard box with fancy design, would 3D rendering it result in higher definition of 2D image compared to item with polished surface (by the way, would reflective surface be less preferred?)?

That's my questions folks. If you have anything to add, please feel free.

Thanks in advance!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report