Use AcDb3dSolid::createLoftedSolid without error messaging

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kubitMarco
751 Views, 3 Replies

Use AcDb3dSolid::createLoftedSolid without error messaging

Hi all,

sometimes the function createLoftedsolid fails by different reasons for instance self-intersecting of the profiles. The return is Acad::eGeneralModelingFailure then. No problem then I draw it by another way. Bothering me that error messages are written to the command line and confuse the user.

Therefore two questions:

1. Is there an easy possibility to prevent the error message in the command line?

2. Could I check the success of createLoftedSolid before calling? I 've already tried the function AcDbLoftOptions::checkLoftCurves, but it seems the function doesn't check the combination of input curves. Though the profiles are self-intersecting the function returns Acad::eOk.

I know very special questions, but maybe somebody knows it.

Regards,

Marco

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@kubitMarco wrote:

1. Is there an easy possibility to prevent the error message in the command line?

Trapping The Output From The AutoCAD Text Screen / Command Prompt

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 3 of 4
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: kubitMarco

Hi Marco,

Sorry, there is no function provided by the API to tell in advance if the lofting or any other solid operation will succeed with given profiles.

Also there is no easy way to prevent the eGeneralModelingFailure from appearing in the command line. Temporarily replacing the host application services to suppress message can work but you will need to test if it works under all conditions.

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 4 of 4
kubitMarco
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

Hi,

thanks for the answers. I will try the proposal fromAlexander ASAP. And then I will tell you if I 've done it.

Regards,

Marco

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost