Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent! Someone can give me an algorithm to calculate the volume

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jzq740176597
417 Views, 3 Replies

Urgent! Someone can give me an algorithm to calculate the volume

It's urgent! I need to calculate the volume in 3d-points Array.The point-Array compose arbitrary-closed polyhedron.Now I need to algorithm to get the volume of polyhedron.Help me please.

You'd better can supply me some Done algorithm or some mothod to achieve in ARX way. Have code it's better!

Thank you very much !I am waiting!

(I used it in AutoCAD arx app.What I get it only the 3d-point array can compose the arbitrary-closed polyhedron)

Send me 740176597@qq.com or write here.Either way you prefer.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

>> I need to calculate the volume in 3d-points Array.The point-Array compose arbitrary-closed polyhedron

If you just have points as the source ... and no edges or faces ... imho a polyhedron is not described enough to do any volume-calculation. See >>>here<<< for samples that shows you how different options (different ways of how points can be connected to built up a polyhedron).

So you need more than just points! Without more info (or more limits of how points are to be connected) you will not be able to calculate anything.

Sorry, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4

thank for you reply! Yes,you are right! Now I know the 3dFaces that compose the polyhedron.And I know all the points of each 3dface.How I can calculate the volume?

Message 4 of 4
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: jzq740176597

Hi,

I have attached a sample project that creates a sculpted solid from a set of surfaces that define its bounds. The result of this is a AcDb3dSolid. The AcDb3dSolid::getMassProp method can then be used to retrieve the volume.

Hope this helps and wish you a happy new year !!

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost