Did you mean: 

Suspicious behaviour of CAcUiDockControlBar on AutoCAD 2012 on Win7 64bit

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
RichardErnstberger
339 Views, 0 Replies

Suspicious behaviour of CAcUiDockControlBar on AutoCAD 2012 on Win7 64bit

Hi all,
i'm in the process of porting my app from 2010 to 2012 (the 64bit port was done on 2010).
The app has worked with 2010 64bit for about 2 years, without major problems.
The purpose of this app is user input but also the display of some drawing status information and a connect to a SQL database.
Fortunately my problems have nothing to do with these tasks,
it's all about CAcUiDockControlBar

I've got the app to run under 2012 and that's where the fun starts.
To allow you a closer look i provide a minimal project, which should compile well at your place (maybe you have to adjust the path to the ObjectARx files)
Once you have the arx compiled you can load it to AutoCAD 2012 and all will be well.
The Dockbar should automatically dock to the right side of the AutoCAD screen, done by the lines
pAcadFrame->DockControlBar(&g_wndDockBar, AFX_IDW_DOCKBAR_RIGHT , &pDockBarRect); // active line
or
// g_wndDockBar.RestoreControlBar(AFX_IDW_DOCKBAR_RIGHT , NULL); // inactive, commented line
in DockBar.cpp.

Now open a second AutoCAD drawing and look at the taskbar of Win7.
Does it look like in my image win7-64-taskbar-good.png ?

win7-64-taskbar-good.png

If yes, youre lucky.
At my place, the taskbar will most times look more like in the image win7-64-taskbar-bad.png

win7-64-taskbar-bad.png
The cause for the difference between the 2 situations in the images was hard to discover, but finally i succeeded.

When the AutoCAD main windows is set to full screen and i load my arx in this state, i end up with taskbar bad.
Setting the AutoCAD main window to any size but not full screen leads to the situation with taskbar good.
I tried this with the 2 possible methods for docking the window as mentioned above, but there's no difference.

Hopefully someone can test and verify this behaviour,

Richard

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost