Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Autocad Electrical

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
andber74
435 Views, 4 Replies

Reference Autocad Electrical

Hello, I have problem with my visual studio project(VS2012). My windowsform application open Autocad Electrical 2013

and do some jobs for example print documents. It has worked perfect when I started the application from inside

visual studio, but after I was doing a build/publish command(so i can get a oneclickinstaller) the application wont work no more I have tryed everything. Im getting the fault COM Exception was unhandled when Im trying to start autocad electrical from the code.

I have reference the two dlls: Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.dll, Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Common.dll from folder ObjectARX 2013. Does anyone have any ideas what could be the fault?

Regards 

Andreas Bergman

Development Engineer Automation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

I think blog post http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/05/cannot-instantiate-autocad-2010-from-an-external-net-a... should help you.

Virupaksha Aithal KM
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 5
andber74
in reply to: andber74

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but I have done a test with your recomended code and I still getting the same error(cant find library/dll). It seem that I cant get the Autocad Object. The line vAcadApp = new AutocadApplication is starting a process which I can see in taskmanager = acad.exe but the next line vAcadApp.visible = true starts the error.

Can the dll files be locked by Antivirus or any other program? What does a oneclick installer do with the operating system? This problem started when I run the oneclick installer who I made with publish function i Visual Studio.

Before that I startde my app with F5 on keyboard and It worked perfect.

I have reinstalled AutoCad Electrical 2013, reinstalled Visual Studio 2012. Maybe the last solution is reinstalling Win7.

I prefered not to reinstall win7 so any other ideas is welcome...

Regards Andreas

Message 4 of 5
loic.jourdan
in reply to: andber74

Hi,

I would recommend to track the call using procmon (microsoft free tool available somewhere on the internet):

- run procmon

- add filter on acad and your .net exe

- don't run tracking now

- run your exe in debug

- stop on the vAcadApp.Visible=true

- start procmon tracking

- step over the line in the debugger (get the exception)

- you should see a what registry access and file access this call made, I hope you'll find somewhere that your exe or acad is searching for a dll it can't find or load, this may give you additional clues.

Note: the log is often huge but, starting from the end, you should figure out where the error came from.

I know this is quite complicated, I would have been glad to give you a less tricky way to process, but since you're about to reinstall win7, you may try this before.

At a first thought it looks like your setup has registered a dll incorrectly, perhaps it has messed up your registry around COM registration x64/Win32, I just can't guess.

----
20-20 CAD / 20-20 Technologies
Message 5 of 5
andber74
in reply to: loic.jourdan

Hi,

Thank you very much for your replies!, procmon seems to be the kind of program that could help me, I have not solved the problem yet it might take me little time to understand how I can filter the data the best way, as you explained in last reply it is generating a lot of data. I think your guesses about the dll-files could been registered in a wrong way mixed up x86 and x64 is the reel problem. Is there any "shortcut-way" to reregister the autocad dll needed for getting the autocad object?

Regards

Andreas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost