Did you mean: 

problems with objectARX 2015 wizard

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
racsoapres
3874 Views, 12 Replies

problems with objectARX 2015 wizard

Hi all:

I’m having problems with objectARX 2015 wizard. I have VS2012 with SP4 and I installed objectARX 2015 wizard many times. VS cannot create a new project. It fails creating new projects. Last year I had the same problem with objectARX 2014 but I solved the problem using a solution proposed by yexb69 (a bat file to install the wizard). But it does not work with objectARX 2015.

Is there anyone having the same problem or solution to this problem???

Thanks in advance…….

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
jdherman
in reply to: racsoapres

bottom line:  the inc folder needs to be at C:\ObjectARX\inc.  I specified a different location during the install and then had to copy the necessary folder after getting an error message about needing arx.props which is in the inc folder.  At least that worked in my situation.

Message 3 of 13
jdherman
in reply to: jdherman

didn't work on second machine. I am searching for a solution still.
Message 4 of 13
nirit

Hi All,

I have a problem with Object ARX 2015 Wizard.

I install it few times, but trying to create new projects fails at the very begining of the try.

I found one examples that works and I added my command to it say hello, I installed it in AutoCAD 2015 and it says hello.

This is not a way to work!!!

The Wizard should give us the way to create a cleen project with our preference, MFC or .NET or Map3D and so on.

I allways start from the Wizard scratch and I feel doungrade...

Autodesk - Please - help correcting the Wizard, give us the Templates, that I could not find in the VS 2012 environment.

Thank you very much for any help,

Nirit nirit_gazit@yahoo.com

Message 5 of 13
csuneat

This situation also occured to me.

Hope there's someone acturally solved this problem.

Learned a little bit ObjectARX, recently starting learning Civil 3D and BIM.
Message 6 of 13
csuneat

I did a little search and found out that it is the same problem with objectARX 2014.

I followed the tips from the Internet, created a '.bat' file, wrote the following lines:

@echo off

msiexec /i "location of your wizards\ObjectARXWizards.msi"

Mine is like this:

@echo off

msiexec /i "C:\ObjectARXWizards.msi"

Then save it, run it as an administrator.

Run your VS after that, and you can creat a new project successfully.

pic1.png

I'm from China, and my English wasn't really good, hope you could understand and this would help you.

My system is Win 8 Enterprise x64 + VS 2012 + ObjectARX 2015.

Learned a little bit ObjectARX, recently starting learning Civil 3D and BIM.
Message 7 of 13
nirit
in reply to: csuneat

Hi all,

The last suggestion works! Thank you very much!

Create a bat file and run it as an administrator, it do the work of installation on win 8.

When the installation runs, you must see it running.

I thought that it installed O.K. and I try to create project and it did not work.

When it installed O.K. it also works.

Good luck!

Nirit

Message 8 of 13
luciano51
in reply to: nirit

Hi to every body,

sincerely speaking I don't understand the meaning of "running it as administrator". I have a Win 8 HP Notebook whith only a single user account: ME.

And I'm by default an administrator user. What's the difference between running the program installer with a .bat file and running it directly by a double-click. Nevertheless, following the suggestion of yexb69, I already tried this way with objectarx 2014 under VS2010 and VS2012 with no result.

I will try the same now with objectarx2015, but I'm pessimist. Unless somebody tell me where I'm wrong.. 

Thank a lot

Luciano

Message 9 of 13
jovan
in reply to: luciano51

I have tried solution with ".bat" file and it doesn't work! I'm running Win7 & VS2012 Ultimate. Any news about this problem? Any new version of the wizzard? 

Thank you.

Message 10 of 13
racsoapres
in reply to: jovan

Just in case you have not found the solution, try this.

Find the path to visual studio <vs-path> and look for file VC\vcprojects\Autodesk\ArxAppWiz.vsz

(In my case the path looks like this: D:\Programs\VS2012\VC\vcprojects\Autodesk\ArxAppWiz.vsz)

Open file ArxAppWiz.vsz with note pad and change lines to look like the following:

VSWIZARD 7.0
Wizard=VsWizard.VsWizardEngine.11.0

Param="WIZARD_NAME = ArxAppWiz"
Param="ABSOLUTE_PATH = C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ObjectARX 2015 Wizards\ArxAppWiz"
Param="FALLBACK_LCID = 1033"

Make sure the ABSOLUTE_PATH is the path in your computer. What I show here is the one on my computer.

Save the changes and start Visual Studio. Now the wizard should work.

Do the same with ArxAppWiz182.vsz

VSWIZARD 7.0
Wizard=VsWizard.VsWizardEngine.11.0

Param="WIZARD_NAME = ArxAppWiz182"
Param="ABSOLUTE_PATH = C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ObjectARX 2015 Wizards\ArxAppWiz182"
Param="FALLBACK_LCID = 1033"

Note that I am using Visual Studio 2012, so Wizard engine is 11.0

I hope it helps.

Regards.....

Message 11 of 13
jovan

I solved the problem. Basically, problem is UAC (User Account Control) for Windows 7.

Here is explanation: http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/05/objectarx-wizard-does-not-install-on-windows-vista-win...

Thanks for your effort.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: csuneat

I used a combination of the bat file suggestion and also moving the SDK to C:\ObjectARX (as opposed to C:\ObjectARX-2015 where the SDK put itself by default), this put the inc. folder in the right place.

Message 13 of 13
nirit
in reply to: jovan

Hi,
As I remember, when I install the Wizard: right click on the mouse let me option like: "install as an administrator".With that option the installation succeeded!Then everything worked.
Good luck,Nirit 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost