objectarx training 2013/14 / wizard 2013 / acad 2013 / vs2010, 32bit

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
adadnet
1696 Views, 7 Replies

objectarx training 2013/14 / wizard 2013 / acad 2013 / vs2010, 32bit

0. vs2010 and acad2013, 32bit
1. download sdk 2013 at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=785550
2. download training 2013 and 2014 at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1911627
(2013 still showed the toolbar, 2014 seemed more up to date with regards to the sdk 2013 project template)
3. create project in vs2010 (manual / based on sdk wizard 2013, 32bit) as per training 2014

4. results:
(a) step01 (manual) - builds but via arx, load in acad: "projectname.arx is incompatible with this version of AutoCAD. AcRxDynamicLinker failed to load ...";
(b) step02 (project wizard) - i fail to have it build without errors (i.e. making the two command names members of the class; tried the solved project files but still couldn't figure it out);
(c) step03 (project wizard) - as step01, i.e. "projectname.arx is incompatible with this version of AutoCAD. AcRxDynamicLinker failed to load ...";

perhaps somebody has followed the training successfully, or made similar experiences etc?
any feedback much appreciated, thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: adadnet

Hi,

Have you set the solution configuration to "Debug2013" in the solved sample project ?

When you do this, the platform toolset in the project properties is set as "v100". 

I have attached screenshots to show this.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 8
adadnet
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

thanks for your reply.

edit - vs2010 opens the training 'step01 solved project' solution file fine when i decompress first and access directly. the configuration file is then also set to 'debug2013' and platform 'v100', as per your screenshots. However, acad2013 still says the built arx extension is incompatible when i try command 'arx' and 'load'.

thanks

Message 4 of 8
Balaji_Ram

Sorry, I could not reproduce the issue with the training material.

Here is a recording of the steps that I am trying.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/53krivt03i91crt/Demo.zip

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 8
adadnet
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

1. stuck to 32bit project platform & acad2013, and copied your steps - failed ('incompatible')

2. switched back to 64bit (project & acad2013), again copied your steps - ok

3. revisited own project with everything set to 64bit, i.e. platform, inc and lib files - ok

i probably didn't have everything set to 64bit platform to start off with, my mistake - many thanks for your help balaji

Message 6 of 8
Alexander.Rivilis

Therefore you are using AutoCAD 2013 is not 32-bit but 64-bit.

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 7 of 8
celsoven

The links do not work now.

Can you place these in your cloud and share the link.

I really appreciate your contributions.

Message 8 of 8

What exactly do you want to find? ObjectARX SDK? ObjectARX Training?

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost