Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ObjectARX Installation Problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2627 Views, 5 Replies

ObjectARX Installation Problem

I tried to install the ObjectARX software development kit on my workstation computer. Double clicking the downloaded file:

ObjectARX_2009_win_64_and_32Bit.exe

brings up the WinZip Self-Extractor, and the files are extracted. But, the installation never proceeds after that.

I am using Vista 32 Business. The computer is stand-alone - it is NOT connected to any networks. I also started a Command Prompt window, and entered the full file name directly (as admin). I got the same result - the files were extracted, but not installed.

I looked through the files, but did not find a setup.exe or setup.msi that could be run to install the un-zipped files (there was one for the documentatioin, though).

How can this program, and its comapnion: "Map_ObjectARX_SDK_2009.exe", be installed? [The Map ARX also doesn't install - it just unzips the files, and some documentation said that the 1st file had to be installed first, in any case].

Al Ferguson

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
artc2
in reply to: Anonymous

The ObjectARX SDK is just a self extracting zip file.  There is no other installation.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

FYI, the wizard for Visual Studio installer is in SDK\utils\ObjARXWiz 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI, the wizard for Visual Studio installer is in SDK\utils\ObjARXWiz 

OK, I found the ArcWizards.msi in the utils\ObjectARXWiz. When I ran this msi file, I got the error message: "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 must be present on the target machine".

I actually do have VS 2008 installed on my machine. Is it possllbe that this is too new to install ObjectARX 2009?

I read somewhere that the User Account Control has to be disabled to install this development system. I did disable it, but the installation still stopped after just unzipping all the files.

Do you know if I really need the VS 2005 version to install this development system?

Al Ferguson

Message 5 of 6
JetSkier

ObjectARX development for AutoCAD 2007 thru 2009 requires VS 2005.  2010 thru 2012 requires VS 2008.  The ObjectARX wizard for 2009 will install itself into VS 2005, so yes VS 2005 is required for that particular ObjectARX.

Joe

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JetSkier

I have Object ARX 2014. When I go the the utils directory there is no wizard directory. I then tried downloading it from the autodesk developers site When I went to install it it said that object is already installed. Then it said that the uninstall failed.

There is no wizard program shown in the program list or in the Program and features section of the control program.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost