Objectarx 2015 wizard.....I gave up!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
luciano51
835 Views, 4 Replies

Objectarx 2015 wizard.....I gave up!

No way to make it working...

Under a certain point of view it's an advantage..

Creating a project manually  I finally understood how arx works and I widely improved my C++ skillSmiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hey Luciano,

I think knowing how to set up a project template in Visual C++ from scratch would be a very beneficial thing for people to see. Would you be able to outline what you did so that others may follow?

Are you using Visual Studio 2012 Pro or Express?

Drew

Message 3 of 5

Hi Luciano,

What's the problem you faced? Can you provide some details and/or print-screens?

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 4 of 5

Hello,

first of all I apologize for the sarcasm of my previous post, but I was really upset for being obliged to waste my time in that way.

The good news is that I finnally succeded to run the wizard!

I want now to share my experience here, and I would be glad to read your opinions  about it.

The solution I found is widely based on the suggestions I read elsewhere in this forum,  but with some slight differences.

My system is:

HP Pavilion i7 U4500 with Windows 8 AutoCad-ObjectArx 2015 Visual studio 2012 professional.

First step:

I put the objectarx  sdk files in c:\objectarx and the wizard in c:\ObjectARXWizards.msi.  Both in the root directory. (I guess that they could be put elsewhere on the HD, but I prefer to tell exatly what I did).

Second step:

Right mouse button on the low left corner of the screen and on the popup menu select : Command Prompt (Admimistrator)

On the command prompt I typed:

msiexec  /i  ObjectARXWizards.msi

followed by enter.

And this is all. No need to write a bat file.

Be aware:  this procedure must be followed even if you are logged in as an Administrator User.

The latter could lead other questions about the security policies adopted By Microsoft  since Win 7 but I dislike to dwell on it further.

Thanks for your atttention

Luciano

Message 5 of 5
racsoapres
in reply to: luciano51

Hi Luciano:

I tried everything you did here but still doesn’t work. I followed carefully your steps and now I ‘m ready to give up. I think you were lucky to get this ObjectARX Wizard 2015 working. What I do now is to create a project in another computer (home computer) with ObjectARX Wizard 2014 (V100) and then copy and paste the project in my computer (at work) and updated the project to v110. I couldn’t find another way to create a new ARX project.

You mention before that you know now how to create a project without wizard. Could you share with us how to register new commands in a new ARX project without wizard? It would be great if you or somebody can share that info.

Thanks.

Racso.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost