ObjectARX 2013 libraries

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
aanandula
853 Views, 4 Replies

ObjectARX 2013 libraries

Hello,

I am new to programming and I have been given a work in which I am required to update a project (made in Visual studio 2006 using ObjectARX 2006) and make it to run in Visual studio 2010 ( using ObjectARX / Autocad 2013). When I try to run the program I get this error :

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'achapi.lib'

I was getting several more alike errors related to acdb16.lib, and other .lib files. When I searched for the files I found out a similar acdb19.lib  files (which I thought was an updated version of acdb16.lib and similar .lib files ) and now I am only getting error related to achapi.lib and that file is not there in the library files in ObjectARX 2013. 

I wanted to know is that .lib file is no more used in ObjectARX2013 or do I need to include some other library file which has the same commands as achapi16.dll ?

I am stuck at that error. Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
owenwengerd
in reply to: aanandula

If you are inexperienced with Visual Studio and/or C++, I'm afraid you have a very long road ahead of you. Migrating any reasonably complex application from ObjectARX 2006 to ObjectARX 2013 will require much more than changing a few library names. I think a good place to start would be the migration guide in the docs subdirectory of each ObjectARX SDK. If you have general questions about compiler and linker errors, I recommend posting those in a forum dedicated to such topics (e.g. stack overflow).

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 5
aanandula
in reply to: owenwengerd

Well, I've changed a lot of things in the program and I am stuck in the
library files.
By saying that I am new to programming I meant that I am new to programming
in Autocad and I have done programming before in C++.
I wanted to know wether is an upgraded or replacable library file for
achpi.lib.

Thank you.
Message 4 of 5
owenwengerd
in reply to: aanandula

I'm pretty sure that the functions in achapi16.lib are included in acdb18.lib, but that's just a guess.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 5 of 5
aanandula
in reply to: owenwengerd

Thank you for the help 🙂
I will include that library file and see if it works.
Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost